Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

does anyone think we will ever have a real cup run

edited January 2008 in General Charlton
i dont.

Comments

• Options
    We don't do well in the cups. It's a tradition. : - )

Who can say "ever"? Who ever thought we play in the top flight again or get back to the Valley. I think we will have a cup run but I wouldn't bet on when.
  • Options
    we had a cup run two years back and the team then froze at the riverside
  • Options
    Henry ...... you must have missed it. Season before last, Operation Riverside, quarter final - it all ended in tears, as usual. ;o)

Hopefully they'll be another one in our lifetime.
  • Options
    cup run is the semis or final,not the poxy quarters,we have had no cup run.
  • Options
    like to see the chairman see one,deserves to see it.
  • Options
    not many teams have then if it is semis! i reckon only 4 a year in the fa cup for starters and at least two of those will be the same most years
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]cup run is the semis or final,not the poxy quarters,we have had no cup run.

Agree - for a club of our status semi's and beyond is a good cup run
    [cite]Posted By: KenTred[/cite]not many teams have then if it is semis! i reckon only 4 a year in the fa cup for starters and at least two of those will be the same most years

Other than Brentford and Barnet and Dagenham I think every other London club has reached a major (League Cup or FA Cup) semi since we last did. So have the likes of Chesterfield, Swindon, Plymouth and Oldham
  • Options
    true. but perhaps the attendance today, especially the boycott (!) by the north stand, suggests a cup run is not really high on the fans agenda anyway now
  • Options
    We say this every year. The North Stand don't boycott cup games. A significant number take the opportunity to sit in the East or West for the same price and get a different view/perspective once or twice a season.
  • Options
    henry you got it spot on,we deserve more than what we do in cups,they played ok today but there getting nothing in the return i reckon,we had our chance in the league cup,we may have beat chelsea in the semis i reckon,they were without terry and co,but les put paid to that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]henry you got it spot on,we deserve more than what we do in cups,they played ok today but there getting nothing in the return i reckon,we had our chance in the league cup,we may have beat chelsea in the semis i reckon,they were without terry and co,but les put paid to that.

Will be hard to win up there but again it will be about how much both sides want it.

The times we have lost to lower division sides in the cups is shocking and that is over a number of managers and years. Les Reed had a chance to get to a semi but I blame the players on the pitch that night. M Bent, Diawara and plenty others were a disgrace and should have showed some effort regardless of who was manager.
  • Options
    Can't see it. We'll either be pushing for promotion from The Championship or fighting to stay up from the PL to bother too much. If we ever get relegated from the Championship (however unlikely) we'll be too sh*t for a cup run!!
  • Options
    We will win the cup LOCKED ON FACT.
  • Options
    It's time for the Peoples Cup Final!
    No team out of the top four have won the cup since Everton in 95. In fact, if you take the BIG SIX to mean Man U, Liv, Arse, Chel, Tot and Everton, then at least one of those have appeared in the final since West Ham beat Fulham in '75.
    I'd love to see us against West Ham. It should have happened a couple of years ago. I love playing West Ham, always cracking games.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]It's time for the Peoples Cup Final!
    No team out of the top four have won the cup since Everton in 95. .

They were talking about that on TV today but it made me wonder. Were Chelsea a "top four" side when they won it.

They finished 6th in '97 and 5th in 2000
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]I'd love to see us against West Ham. It should have happened a couple of years ago. I love playing West Ham, always cracking games.
    What a final that would be now given our respective managers.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]It's time for the Peoples Cup Final!
    No team out of the top four have won the cup since Everton in 95. .

They were talking about that on TV today but it made me wonder. Were Chelsea a "top four" side when they won it.

They finished 6th in '97 and 5th in 2000

It was when they were fifth, so hardly mold breaking
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    We won the Play Offs - that's a cup competition, sort of!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]We say this every year. The North Stand don't boycott cup games. A significant number take the opportunity to sit in the East or West for the same price and get a different view/perspective once or twice a season.

exactly my transition today, in reverse!
  • Options
    Some of you have forgotten the Full Members Cup Final...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Or the Guinness Soccer sixes....