Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Only player I can think for us

edited January 2008 in General Charlton
up front would be David Connolly, who is at Sunderland at the moment (dunno if hes injured)

My other tip, David Norris of Plymouth, has been touted to go to Ipswich :o(

Knowing us our 1st signing will be a goalkeeper....

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2008
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]up front would be David Connolly, who is at Sunderland at the moment (dunno if hes injured)

wanted him down the valley for years, since he was banging them in for the real Wimbledon alongside Shipperley, Pards signed him when West Ham went down and he scored goals but is he past it now thanks to injuries?
  • Options
    Not sure we need another forward to sit on the bench, we have three very quick ones not starting at the moment but rely on an immobile one who has defensive qualities. Mcleod has been slagged off here but has hardly played and scored one & earnt a penalty. Cup is a perfect time to try plan B - Luke and Izale to start with Dicko off the bench for at least last 30 mins.
  • Options
    Dont reckon 3 out of our 4 forwards will be with us come February
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]Dont reckon 3 out of our 4 forwards will be with us come February

why? who do you expect to go? can't think any of them have made a case for a sudden rush of championship or premiership clubs coming in for them.
  • Options
    Well lets look at the facts. Pards obviously doesnt rate McCleod so they would want to try and recoup some of the outlay and to fund someone else. I am assuming he doesnt really like Varney and would want to swap him for someone in the Championship who might bang in 10 quick goals which Varney wont do and I think after Dicksons exploits at Gillingham some club may want tp pay 350/500 for him which is a good quick profit. This season is about getting up and we have no more time for fannying about trying unproven players.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]Well lets look at the facts. Pards obviously doesnt rate McCleod so they would want to try and recoup some of the outlay and to fund someone else. I am assuming he doesnt really like Varney and would want to swap him for someone in the Championship who might bang in 10 quick goals which Varney wont do and I think after Dicksons exploits at Gillingham some club may want tp pay 350/500 for him which is a good quick profit. This season is about getting up and we have no more time for fannying about trying unproven players.

I can see your logic, but if they are as rubbish as you have implied or as you feel Pards feels, who is gonna come in a get them. I understand about Dicko and you could be right, especially if Pards does not rate him still.
  • Options
    Pards just expects Dicko to be the complete team player first.

You know, cover every blade of grass, win tackles, track back and hold the ball up well. And score goals.

And if Dicko could do all that, he'd be playing for a bigger club than Charlton...... :o)