Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

starting XI tomorrow

edited January 2008 in General Charlton
I'll go for

Randolph
Moo2
Fortune
Magic
Youga

Sam
Racon
Holland
Ambrose

Dickson
Varney

Subs
Weaver
McLeod
Powell
JT
Big Chris

Comments

• Options
    I doubt he'll put Dickson in ahead of McLeod but would love to see all three of them play a decent chunk of the game to be honest.
  • Options
    Poor old Sam will be busy! : )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Poor old Sam will be busy! : )

I have no idea what you mean....... :-)
  • Options
    I'd love to see the likes of Shelvey or Wagstaff appearing on the bench.
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Not seen much of Racon, but that midfield looks a bit lightweight especally in front of Fortune and Magic. Semedo should never have been droped and I'd play him as the holding player.

I'd go for

Randolph
    Moo2, Fortune, Magic, Youga
    Sam, Racon, Semedo, Thomas
    Varney, McLeod

McLeod has to be given a decent run in the side and both strikers need to be given some decent service rather than the route one stuff. Hopefully, without Big Chris to aim for, we might get the ball down and play some football.
  • Options
    I can't see Shelvey or Wagstaff making an appearance on Saturday,i think the first we'll see of either of them will be at Welling next pre-season.
  • Options
    I'd keep semedo out of it purely and simply to avoid a yellow card and a ban against Balckpool.
  • Options
    Maybe he could try "Magic" in midfield? I know he chose us over Everton (Everton! Can you believe it!) because we promised not to play him in midfield, but he's hardly earnt the right to play in his position of choice when he's so rubbish there.
  • Options
    How long before Basey is back? I had forgotten Thatcher is still at our club!

Apart from ZZ and Big Chris who need a rest imo, I'd like to see a near normal 1st 11 including Moo2 playing a 4-4-2 to get them thinking that way. Use subs relatively early and get the team out there with an emphasis on enjoying the match.
  • Options
    I'd love to see Magic in midfield - he could be an inspiration.
    But anywhere than centre defence.....(!)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]How long before Basey is back? I had forgotten Thatcher is still at our club!

Apart from ZZ and Big Chris who need a rest imo, I'd like to see a near normal 1st 11 including Moo2 playing a 4-4-2 to get them thinking that way. Use subs relatively early and get the team out there with an emphasis on enjoying the match.

Basey resumed training yesterday according to the OS.
    So far too soon to expect him back.

You have to get inside Pards' head. I think the team picks itself except centre mid.

Randolph might get a run to stop him getting rusty and keep his pecker up.

Moo2 & Yougs at full back - Pards has already said as much.
    Centre backs - Fortune's not maybe 100% fit - if so, Boogie & McCarthy.

Holland at nearly 34 has just played 4 games in a 11 days.
    ZZ will be rested I should think as he's been playing on a calf injury.
    Semedo is poised on that 4th yellow card so may not be risked.

Surely Racon must play - so who plays alongside him - Ambrose, if fit?

With Iwelumo rested, I expect Pards to play 44-4-2 so deffo Varney & McLeod up front.
    Dickson on the bench and just maybe included an untried youngster like Arter, Wright or Wagstaffe. But don't bet on it.

Wild card would be Boogie in midfield but I doubt it.
  • Options
    [align=center]Weaver
    Moutaouakil McCarthy Bougherra Youga
    Sam Ambrose Racon Thomas
    Varney McLeod
    [/align]
  • Options
    I don't really understand the logic of resting Semedo because he's on 4 yellows. He's going to get booked and get a ban at some point. If he doesn't play tomorrow and gets booked against Blackpool, then he would be out for the Watford game.

I'd sooner have him for the Watford game so maybe he'd be better off getting booked tomorrow.
  • Options
    Try wing backs.

Weaver
    Motorkil Mccarthy Magic Fortune Yoda
    Semedo Racon Ambrose
    Big Chris Little Reg
  • Options
    Very good point, he should try to get booked tomorrow.
  • Options
    er what has happened to my original post?!?!?!
  • Options
    yep good point....you can't even argue that we are more likely to beat Blackpool !!
  • Options
    my original post seems to have gone, but I'd go for:

Randolph
    Moo2Kill Magic McCarthy Youga
    Ambrose Racon Semedo Thomas
    Varney McLeod

subs: Weaver, Dickson, Fortune, Wagstaff, Arter/Wright

And Pards should promise them that if we win, then they all get to play again next week!
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    My team would be:

Randolph

Moo2 - McCarthy - Fortune - Youga

Sam - Wright - Racon - J Thomas

Dickson - McLeod

Bench: Weaver, A Thomas, Arter, Ambrose, Varney.

I rate Varney but we need to have a good look at what else there is in the squad in a game like this, Bougherra can swing in my book after Saturday and could do with a little time to be taken aside and worked on. As mentioned above, Powell, Big Chris, Holland and Zheng would be better off rested, Semedo didn't do great against Colchester, is on 4 yellows and i think Racon deserves a start for the same reason Mcleod and Dickson do.

Please note - this will not in any way represent what Pards throws out there!
  • Options
    I not seen much of Racon, even less of Wright. What type of player are they?

My concern is that without someone like Semedo, we will be over run in the middle in the same way that we were against QPR when Semedo went off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    from what i hear/have seen both appear to be energetic, up and down midfielders, Wright has a good eye for a pass and Racon looks to have a bit more of a technique to him than semedo (probably as semedo came to us as a centre half)
  • Options
    I'd forgotton that Semedo had actually come to us as a centre half.

Considering the problems with have in that area (none of the others being much good) perhaps we should give him a game there.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]I'd forgotton that Semedo had actually come to us as a centre half.

Considering the problems with have in that area (none of the others being much good) perhaps we should give him a game there.

Not convinced he'd be great at centre half to be honest.

Think back to the Sheffield Wednesday game when he was out muscled and beaten in the air when they scored their second goal.
  • Options
    to be honest he's pretty short for a centre half but a decent tackler, probably exactly why pards gave him a go as the midfield lynchpin
  • Options
    Varney needs a run more then McLeod or even Dickson, get him in, keep him scoring
  • Options
    Yep Varney has not had a run at all.
    Hopefully he will play with McLeod tomorrow - both up front.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]I'd forgotton that Semedo had actually come to us as a centre half.

I think Semedo might be a decent centre half playing against namby pamby Portugeuse center forwards, but the likes of Dean Windass would kick him into row z first chance they had.