Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What's your Getting Ready Song ?

It's Friday night, it's been a hard week at work, time to cut loose & release yourself on the rest of the general Public for a night on the town.

Your getting ready, blokes have done their three S's, ladies are drinking their glass of white whilst choosing shoes/dresses etc. You are standing in front of the mirror with your pot of Gel/Wax/Hair Straighteners/Curlers (None of which apply to me) & you are singing to yourself as you play your 'Getting ready song' on your stereo in your bedroom at a ridiculously loud sound level. So what is yours ?

Mine, well currently it is Sunfreakz - 'Riding the wave' awesome swedish house track.

Comments

• Options
    great question !

used to always go into a bar straight after work on friday called Deacons. Always without fail, Meatloaf's You took the words right out of my mouth, would come on.

Always think of that song when i think of friday nights, and always get in a jukebox if its there.
  • Options
    build me up buttercup by the foundations always gets me in a good mood

love that song, i know its tacky, but i've loved it for ages, and my best mate tracked the 7inch single from ebay for me and i'm going to frame it on my wall (when i own my own house and wall!)

otherwise any wham songs (apart from the slow ones) a song has just come on the radio actually, you and me by the wannadies, reminds me of good times and would get me singign at the top of my voice.
    unfortunately all my cd's are still in boxes, so never listen to music at home.
  • Options
    9PM Til I Come...
  • Options
    Paul van Dyk.. For an Angel
  • Options
    Oh, and Seven Nation Army for a good old foot stomping session!
  • Options
    Orson - No Tomorrow is the current fave

Or else the Luther Vandross Greatest Hits will always do (skipping the slushy ones!)
  • Options
    when i saw pot i thought you was going to say Belly not wax LOL
  • Options
    Marlana Shaw - California Soul is usally the last record that gets played, although Going Back To My Roots by Richie Havens is a fave!
  • Options
    Lucid "I Cant Help Myself"

Summer evenings outside Deacons! Them was the days Smudge
  • Options
    [cite] CharltonDan:[/cite]Lucid "I Cant Help Myself"

ahhhh great track Dan!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YRjoHzeeAs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite] carlingaddick:[/cite]
    [cite] CharltonDan:[/cite]Lucid "I Cant Help Myself"

ahhhh great track Dan!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YRjoHzeeAs

Never heard that before, what a quality track! Is this funky house or what??
  • Options
    One of my all time fav tracks! MUST be played loud!!
  • Options
    My Saturday morning getting up for a game song is "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns n Roses. Think it will be getting an airing tomorrow.
  • Options
    [cite] Off_it:[/cite]My Saturday morning getting up for a game song is "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns n Roses. Think it will be getting an airing tomorrow.

Gun n roses rock man. Fact
  • Options
    bet it smells like a jungle in your boudoir after your infamous thurs/fri sessions!
  • Options
    The only reason I posted this thread was a guy asked for a track right at the end of the night claiming it was his 'Getting Ready' song. What a tune it was as well, had to play it for him..

Binary Finary - 1999
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    The Who - You won't get fooled again or Can't expain.
  • Options
    Was going to say "people get ready" by the Impressions as it is a classic but depending on the mood

"I wanna be me" by the Pistols or "won't get fooled again" by the Who if it is something loud.

Maybe "somebody else's guy" J Brown of "when will we be paid" by the Staple Singers or "my boyfriends back" by the Shirlies
  • Options
    [cite] Ketman:[/cite]The only reason I posted this thread was a guy asked for a track right at the end of the night claiming it was his 'Getting Ready' song. What a tune it was as well, had to play it for him..

Binary Finary - 1999

another classic...
    that era was my fav year for music & being out in ibiza

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRk9G9ikBjU
  • Options
    mine is Timo Mass - To Get Down

but binary finary, atb and lucid are all good shouts, they're all on my ipod house playlist along with a bit of moloko, baby d, fragma (tocas miracle) and shapeshifters lola theme.

chooooooooooons
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite] righthandbackward:[/cite]mine is Timo Mass - To Get Down

but binary finary, atb and lucid are all good shouts, they're all on my ipod house playlist along with a bit of moloko, baby d, fragma (tocas miracle) and shapeshifters lola theme.

chooooooooooons

really can't see the bartrams or the royal oak having too many of these chooooooons tonight.

Reckon i might get my Meatloaf though....
  • Options
    Football and in the main - Turn the Page by the Streets
    Tonight - NY lipps by Soulwax
  • Options
    Rothko any chance of a selection of your Dirty tunes tomorrow ?