Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leicester v Charlton match thread

Well, I may as well start it now, because I want to have a moan. Would have loved to have gone to this, but the disruption on the trains has put me off. So I thought I'd stay at home and listen on the radio.

But there's no commentary *at all* on BBC London for this one, although they are covering West Ham v Manchester United. They'll have to be careful, though, because they'll be sat in the same box as BBC Radio 5 Live, who are also covering the match. The BBC, eh? ;-)

There is, however, commentary on BBC Radio Kent 774AM and Radio Kent's DAB service. Which is as useful for me, here in Charlton, as a chocolate teapot. Where is this "Kent" place, and how do I get there again?

Comments

• Options
    Anyway, I'm going to nip out and buy a chocolate teapot, and hopefully there'll be some team news upon my return. Or someone telling me to stop moaning. Or something.
  • Options
    Stop whining like a blubby baby you doris!!
  • Options
    well im here and i must say the ground aint that good. No screen inside at all to keep me busy for a while..plus the chicken balti pie wasnt that great. As far as the team selection goes...well weaver just came out to warm up so i reckon he is starting......updates to come!!
  • Options
    team today is.....weaver, powell, bougherra, fortune, paddy, semdo, holland, thomas, zhi, varney, big chris. subs. randolph, racon, moutaouakil, sam, mcleod
  • Options
    Charlton: Weaver; Bougherra, Powell, Fortune, McCarthy; Varney, Semedo, Holland, Zheng, J Thomas; Iwelumo.

Subs: Randolph, Moutaouakil, Racon, Sam, McLeod.

Leicester: Fulop, Stearman, Mattock, Kisnorbo, McAuley; Kenton, N'Gotty, Clemence, Hume; John, Fryatt.

Subs: Henderson, Hayes, Sheehan, Wesolowski, Chambers.
  • Options
    Well, I've put a couple of quid on Manyoo to give Curbs a festive stuffing at Upton Valley, and that's cheered me up.

And what's McLeod doing on the bench? Bring on Dickson!
  • Options
    No Dickson on the bench, but Moutaouakil looks like he's almost back to full fitness, presumably 4-5-1 again with Varney playing wide on the right. Given the injuries and suspensions it looks a balanced team, but which of the defenders will get sent off this week?
  • Options
    good afternoon those at home and abroad. Gutted i'm not at this one but skinterooni.

If no internet commentary becomes available, i'll post updates from the DAB service. Be interesting at half time for your views from the ground KieranBrown
  • Options
    I thought Pards might have made one or two more changes - just to get some fresh legs in the side.

I know that options are severely limited by injury and suspension, but by all accounts the 10 men were 'out on their feet' by the end of the Norwich game. I expected Chinny, Sam and maybe even McLeod to have started this one.

C'MON YOU REDS!
  • Options
    Can you get Kent DAB in Sidcup, AFKA? I only get interference from the Kent stations on my DAB radio (I need to get a new aerial, ever since they launched it in Kent and Essex it's wrecked some of the London stations).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    dont u worry half time report will be coming your way...and any other points i think are valuable. would say at the mo theres about 1000 here with us and leicester might be getting the 'your grounds to big 4 u ' chant.

as the man from charlton would say...'kick off is 5 mins away'.....
  • Options
    just turned the DAB on for the first time (xmas present) and its probably going to take me to half time to get it working ! Do you know where on the dial Radio Kent should be ?
  • Options
    Press "autotune" and it'll pick up all the stations you can get (and a few faint flickers of others) - if it's a portable, make sure the aerial's fully extended.

It'll be in with the BBC stations - you may be the wrong side of the M25 to get it, though, I got a portable for Christmas and could only pick up the London stations at my parents' in Sidcup (even though it was picking up faint traces of Kent and Essex stations).
  • Options
    Any idea if I can get commentry over the internet?
  • Options
    You could pay for it via Leicester's site.
  • Options
    We have that women commentating but i would
  • Options
    4 - 5 -1 cafc playing
  • Options
    mccarthy getting booed.

corner to leicester...........

charlton clear.
  • Options
    QA Reporting for night shift duty
  • Options
    a 1000 is good going better than palaces two small blocks at sheffield,come on cafc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Here in deepest darkest Chicago, I can clearly pick up the Ebbsfleet game live.
  • Options
    Anyone tell me how to get the commentry on Sky?
  • Options
    head injury to a leciester player long time stoppage
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    [cite]Posted By: reserves[/cite]Anyone tell me how to get the commentry on Sky?

You can't, unless you want to listen to Spurs. (BBC London has the Sky frequency, BBC Radio Kent doesn't.)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]Here in deepest darkest Chicago, I can clearly pick up the Ebbsfleet game live.

Radio Kent reckoned they had people listening to their Ebbsfleet commentaries from all over the world after the MyFootballClub deal.
  • Options
    windy at leicester
  • Options
    oh well, i can't pick it up anywhere. All relying on you petetong !! (how you getting it BTW ?)
  • Options
    Are their crowds any different though Inspector? Any idea?
  • Options
    what does everyone make of the starting 11 ? Don't want to sound negative, but it appears a bit 'tired' to me....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]Are their crowds any different though Inspector? Any idea?

Basically, no.