Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Harry Rednapp, Amy Winehouse and the Woman at No.10

edited December 2007 in General Charlton
It was interesting to see that Harry's house was raided at 06.00 am for him to help the police with their enquiries, same happened with the woman from No.10 during the cash for honours episode, but that fine upstanding drug free, body artless Amy Winehouse was able to make an appointment with the Police to help them regarding the alleged perverting the course of justice investigation. I bet Mrs Rednapp is well pleased and i am sure the police would have preferred to see Amy in her baby doll than Mrs Rednapp

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2007
    Regarding a non-violent person constantly in the limelight in a high profile job, he's not exactly going to be able to run away, is he?

The police could have just asked him to "....pop along to the station when you have a minute, sir".

So for the police to raid Redknapp's house at 6 o'clock in the morning is intended
    to be a maximum media interest publicity stunt.

And calculated to scare the sh*t out of the innocent family members.
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Regarding a non-violent person constantly in the limelight in a high profile job, he's not exactly going to be able to run away, is he?

The police could have just asked him to "....pop along to the station when you have a minute, sir".

So for the police to raid Redknapp's house at 6 o'clock in the morning is intended
    to be amaximum media interest publicity stunt.

And calculated to scare the sh*t out of the innocent family members.

or those with something to worry about?
  • Options
    Steve, I was trying to make the point that they could have called on Redknapp any time of day.

They know exactly where he lives & works - without making an expensive (paid by the taxpayer) TV drama-type event out of it.

And why cause fear to innocent family members?

The police, with all their heavy handedness, didn't even charge him.
  • Options
    Redknapp and Ruth Turner were arrested in connection with fraud cases, if they knew they were going to be arrested/would have to answer questiond they would have had time to shred document/evidence before hand. I grant you a 6AM wake up call is a bit OTT but at least this way they didn't get the chance to get rid of anything incriminating beforehand.
  • Options
    funny that cos I'm sure I saw the OB smashing Amy Whinehouse front door through a couple of weeks ago or was I just imagining that
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Redknapp and Ruth Turner were arrested in connection with fraud cases, if they knew they were going to be arrested/would have to answer questiond they would have had time to shred document/evidence before hand. I grant you a 6AM wake up call is a bit OTT but at least this way they didn't get the chance to get rid of anything incriminating beforehand.

I think you are right BFR. What amazed me is that the house was raided by about twenty police officers. Surely four would have been enough? One to watch the backdoor, one to watch the front, and one to arrest him, and one to carry out his laptop?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Redknapp and Ruth Turner were arrested in connection with fraud cases, if they knew they were going to be arrested/would have to answer questiond they would have had time to shred document/evidence before hand. I grant you a 6AM wake up call is a bit OTT but at least this way they didn't get the chance to get rid of anything incriminating beforehand.

I think you are right BFR. What amazed me is that the house was raided by about twenty police officers. Surely four would have been enough? One to watch the backdoor, one to watch the front, and one to arrest him, and one to carry out his laptop?

The funny thing is - Redknapp wasn't even there! LOL!!!

His missus was home alone, sleeping in bed. He missed all the fun.The night before, he'd been to Germany or somewhere to watch a match/players and hadn't got back until later that morning.

First he knew of it was his missus in floods of tears when he got back to England, a few hours later.
  • Options
    "The funny thing is - Redknapp wasn't even there! LOL!!!"

Thats police intelligence for you!
  • Options
    It was a pure PR stunt, with camera crews in with the police.

Thouroughly wrong how they can mess with people's lives.