Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

50th Birthdays

edited December 2007 in Not Sports Related
As a 50th birthday was mentioned earlier I thought I would ask for some advice. My wife has asked what i would like to do on my 50th which is 18 yes 18 months away as she wants to start planning it. It sounds to me that if she needs that long I might as well ask for something special so bearing in mind I hate parties for me what ideas has anyone got?

Comments

• Options
    Make a list of 50 things you've never done but would like to (decency and the law permitting) and tick them off one by one over a year.
  • Options
    Champagne day at the races with a coach / minibus laid on for your pals, or tandem in your case :-)

followed by booking out your favourite local restaurant and filling it with loved ones and mates. Its varied, but not over the top, and i'll have the pate for starters, and the lamb for my mains, ta
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Champagne day at the races with a coach / minibus laid on for your pals, or tandem in your case :-)

followed by booking out your favourite local restaurant and filling it with loved ones and mates. Its varied, but not over the top, and i'll have the pate for starters, and the lamb for my mains, ta[/quote]

I thought you said mates? and you certainly arent a loved one............

Lets get a tad more adventurous
  • Options
    Sounds like a surprise party is perfectly in order.

50 fekk me! im planning my 40th for jan year after next and thought that was bad!
  • Options
    VEGAS
  • Options
    well if he's been to Vegas i would say a 3 week (at least) round the world trip taking in hong kong/australia/new zealand/ thailand.
    or something like that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]VEGAS

was my next suggestion !
  • Options
    I havent been to vegas so we are getting somewhere. I have thought of asking for flights to Nice, helicopter to Monte Carlo and a full blown fully staffed yacht for the weekend for me and my best mates (not sure if i should ask for women thrown in as well)
  • Options
    My other half was organising my 30th (February 2008) months before I even turned 29!
  • Options
    you could ask Stone what he did for his , I think he went to live aid or something.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2007
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]you could ask Stone what he did for his , I think he went to live aid or something.

Oi yer cheeky whipper-snapper. I got 13 months 'til mine. Better get planning by the sounds of things but don't have a clue what I want to do!

ps Actually I just had a thought. I could have a party for me and my 34 Netaddicks aliases!
  • Options
    San Diego, Vegas & Grand Canyon (with helicopter trip) would be one hell of a 50th.

Is this romantic, boys only, couples or adventure?
  • Options
    How about a nice day out in a box with all the trimmings at the valley.
  • Options
    My god CA you've cracked it. Unfortunately though as she is paying she will be going.
  • Options
    How about a voucher for a good divorce lawyer?
  • Options
    Go to Dublin and get Pissed at the Guinness Factory!

That's what I did on my 40th! Feckin Ace.
  • Options
    This hotel in San Diego is the bollox Brunello if you & Mrs B are thinking that way.
    http://www.ranchovalencia.com/
  • Options
    Got my 40th next year and TBH don't really care what I do as long as my family and mates are there too, although spending all day in a box sounds good (ooh err missus!)