Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Marcus Bent

2»

Comments

• Options
    to say marcus bent is better than big chris is simply not the case in my view. He's ten times as good in the air and with the ball at his feet. Bent is the wrong size for the style he plays, and should be far better in the air than he is for his size.
  • Options
    We shouldn't be thinking about Marcus Bent or Wigan, only what's best for Charlton.
    For that reason I say call their bluff, pretend that we are desperate to have him back unless they cough up a big fee.
    If they are serious about avoiding relegation, they may well take the bait.
    If he does end up coming back, he will have to continue his good form if he wants to get a move away from the club.
    I see it as a win win situation for us.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Agreed PITL, and for anyone thinking how much we missed him, i'll offer you one stat.

Marcus Bent never scored a single league goal for us at the Valley. Not once.

But he did AFKA. Against Scunthorpe in the Championship this season. ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Agreed PITL, and for anyone thinking how much we missed him, i'll offer you one stat.

Marcus Bent never scored a single league goal for us at the Valley. Not once.

Don't want to urinate on your incendary here Bart but he got the goal against Scunny first game of the season.

Still want him not within ten miles of The Valley again. He is a lowlife worm who had plenty of support from me when we signed him and all he has done is prove people right about him. Lazy feckless layabout who epitomises all that is wrong with footballers nowadays and why people have such a low opinion of them.
  • Options
    Oggy, Carter, for christ sakes, give me a chance to finish my, what was clear to EVERYONE else, two-parted response.

Part 2

......in the Premiership.

thank you :-)
  • Options
    If Bent came back then his attitude would be even worse than it was last year, he would be more trouble than he's worth....

Having said that, Wigan CANNOT afford to lose him now that Heskey has gone so we might well try and prise some more dough out of them seeing as we have lost Toddy since we let Bent go on loan.

I reckon we probably set the first fee at 1 million but now he's scored some goals (six, I think) we might be able to screw some more out of them, maybe up to 3 million?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]There is some serious rose-tinted goggles being worn to view this worm.

I don't care if he gets another 4 hat-tricks before New Year, I don't want him back at our club as he does not give a monkeys and we cannot afford to carry plebs like that.

We get £1.5 - £2 mill for him and I'm happy. Money eases a few headaches and may even give Pards something to[strike]waste[/strike]spend in January ;-)

Spot on mate. When we needed him he was off shagging his way to the tabloid front pages.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]If Bent came back then his attitude would be even worse than it was last year, he would be more trouble than he's worth....

Having said that, Wigan CANNOT afford to lose him now that Heskey has gone so we might well try and prise some more dough out of them seeing as we have lost Toddy since we let Bent go on loan.

I reckon we probably set the first fee at 1 million but now he's scored some goals (six, I think) we might be able to screw some more out of them, maybe up to 3 million?

A fee has already been agreed. Instead of trying to jack it up I'd just be happy to get them to pay that fee now while he's scoring goals. Ask more and they say they'll leave it for now, his form will go west and then we won't even get the fee that has been agreed. Take the money on offer now and scarper quickly. After all we are never going to see the fee that has been set for Faye. Is he still inside btw ??
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]If Bent came back then his attitude would be even worse than it was last year, he would be more trouble than he's worth....

I reckon we probably set the first fee at 1 million but now he's scored some goals (six, I think) we might be able to screw some more out of them, maybe up to 3 million?[/quote]

A fee has already been agreed. Instead of trying to jack it up I'd just be happy to get them to pay that fee now while he's scoring goals. Ask more and they say they'll leave it for now, his form will go west and then we won't even get the fee that has been agreed. Take the money on offer now and scarper quickly. After all we are never going to see the fee that has been set for Faye. Is he still inside btw ??[/quote]

I see what you mean, Large, but he's scored 6 goals in 13 Premiership games for them (compared to 3 in 42 odd for us) so it might be worth twisting their arm because with Heskey out and no other strikers on their books to speak of then he is not going to be easy to replace for them.

If they let him go back to us and then go on a big losing run with no strikers then they are going to be well in the shit.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]I am sorry, but with the attitude Marcus Bent has had since the start of this season he is a far superior player to big Chris.

Maybe, but could you see him playing while injured? Apparently Iwelumo has been carrying a few knocks and injuries over the last few games but has kept going.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]I am sorry, but with the attitude Marcus Bent has had since the start of this season he is a far superior player to big Chris.

Maybe, but could you see him playing while injured? Apparently Iwelumo has been carrying a few knocks and injuries over the last few games but has kept going.

You must be joshing!! Marcus 'poorly hamstrings' Bent??????

The attitudes of the 2 are not comparable
  • Options
    Can you imagine if it had been bent at West brom, instead of limping into the area to head the goal, he would have been sat in the centre circle pointing to his ankle and asking to be taken off.
  • Options
    fair point Kap.

At Palace as well Big Chris strugglied on for too long with an injury when he should of been taken off.

Can't thought this fellas attitude one bit.
  • Options
    To think I gave him his MOM award up at Old Trafford all them years ago, Henrik Larson got their one and we lost 2-0, still I was full of prawns and champers I didn't really care.