Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fire at Cannon street

Just heard the station is closed due to a fire..
anyone heard the same?

Comments

• Options
    oh well..
    best go for a beer until its sorted!
  • Options
    it will be chaos down there then, that will effect lon bridge as well wont it. perhaps i will head to north greenwich when i get out of here.
  • Options
    says trains in & out of Lon bri are fecked/delayed etc as well!
  • Options
    just had a look out on my balcony and didn't see anything or hear fire engines there
  • Options
    sounds bad as london bridge is also closed now due to overcrowding

Last Updated: 17:47
    Route Affected: All routes to/from London Cannon Street
    TOC/s Affected: Southeastern
    Description: Train services are being disrupted due to emergency services dealing with an incident in the area of London Cannon Street station.

Services are currently suspended between London Cannon Street and London Bridge.

London Cannon Street has been evacuated.

It is advised to use London Blackfriars, London Charing Cross or London Victoria as an alternative. London Bridge is currently closed due to overcrowding

It is estimated that a normal service will resume by 20:00
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carlingaddick[/cite]says trains in & out of Lon bri are fecked/delayed etc as well!

Is that much different to normal then?!
  • Options
    such a chore.ill just have to go for a couple of shandys
  • Options
    Ooo-er. Anyone stuck up there can also use the boats for a civilised getaway.
  • Options
    It's a fire in a gym that's caused it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone in Cannon Street when all the lights went out? Spooky!
  • Options
    Makes me pleased I only occasionally have to commute to the City these days!
  • Options
    was over at canary wharf last night shopping for a bit with the folks, till about half 7 ish, and there was a power cut down half of the shops in the precinct thing underneath.
    dad parks his car under his building and there was a lengthy queue to get out as no one had the manual key to open the barrier. good to know if there was a fire people could get out if the electrics were cut!!
  • Options
    Yep...Cannons GYym...everyone in our building evacuated except us...grrrrrrr.

London bridge was chaos, why only open one door so everyone had to funnel in?

The platform announcer said the train was 10 carriages long when in fact it was only 8....didn't help my mood I can tell thee...
  • Options
    waiting on train for an eternity till it was almost bursting,eventually doors about to close and a woman runs over asking is this the bexleyheath train,the guy at the door blatently lied and told her no and the doors closed!