Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kamara on Charlton

edited December 2007 in General Charlton

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like Richard Murray hasnt changed....

"Alan Pardew is enjoying his time at Charlton. I sat in his office until quarter to three on Saturday and I was also in there after the game and Alan was very relaxed. It was clear to me that he is very happy at the Valley.

He's allowed to get on and do his job - he has no questioning from above - and when you work in those circumstances it makes you feel comfortable. "
  • Options
    Rightly so as well under Pards i feel we could have anuva exciting decade.

give him the right time and money and lay off him a bit we will be ok.

rome wernt built in a day and all that rubbish
  • Options
    I suspect that Pards will be with us for another couple of years and then be looking for his next big move. hestated years ago when he was a young manager at Reading that Charlton was not the height of his ambition and that one day he would like to be managing Real Madrid.... may get some interference there though!
  • Options
    i think we have 18 months max left with him
  • Options
    And then Parkinson longer term do you think?
  • Options
    not too convinced Parkinson is ready to be a successful number 1 yet, despite his previous experience.

Was quite struck last night how young he appears. Clearly a knowledgeable fella, but still lacking that certain 'aura' a manager needs to have IMO.
  • Options
    Intresting comment, I have never met the guy obviously, how old is Parkinson?
  • Options
    I reckon Parky is about 42-45 doesnt seem to do too much as a number 2 sits in with the chairman for atleast 40 mins each half taking notes.

Thing is i never see him phoning pards during the game and idont think we have borrowed the bolton microphones

maybe he is a good coach
  • Options
    I'd rather have Kins as our next manager - he seems to be doing OK with the ressies so far. But will keep Pards for now before you all yell at me!
  • Options
    Pards hater! ;-)

We can't know what goes on behind the scenes, I don't know why but I like the cut of Parkinson's jib. I hope he sticks around with us until he is ready to make the step up.....