Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What is an example of classic typicall britishness

2»

Comments

• Options
    driving on the right side of the road
    getting your beer at the bar
    mushy peas
    decent tv adverts
    bonnet/boot
    decent public transport
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Fucking off abroad and still thinking our opinion should count "back home", eh Algarve???
    :o)

No, when I moved here I dropped off the electoral role, as I think it's wrong that I should be able to vote when I don't live there.

So I spout off on forums instead...

LOL
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Who are the people who think we have a God given right to win everything? I have thought long and hard, and I don't actually recall ever meeting anyone who thought we would win anything, except for a few days in summer 1996, before we lost to the Germans in the Euro semi-final , and in summer 1990 before etc...etc... on both occasions we were in with a realistic chance at that point.

Are you serious? It's endemic in this country
  • Options
    Toilet humour.
    Illegal Immigrants.
  • Options
    Having a social life that revolves around alcohol.
  • Options
    Slagging off our away support, whilst laying on a comfortable sofa, in a tracksuit, watching Sky Sports, whilst texting all your mates. . . . .

oh.
  • Options
    Taking the piss out of one another as a sign of affection
  • Options
    the standard of spelling in the country, that's really typicall
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Who are the people who think we have a God given right to win everything? I have thought long and hard, and I don't actually recall ever meeting anyone who thought we would win anything, except for a few days in summer 1996, before we lost to the Germans in the Euro semi-final , and in summer 1990 before etc...etc... on both occasions we were in with a realistic chance at that point.

Are you serious? It's endemic in this country

You obviously don't hang around with the people I do CFW, or you believe the press actually represent what's going on...

We get loads of people from all over the country in the bar, and I honestly don't remember anyone saying we would win the last world cup, or Euro 2004. I don't recall anyone thinking we would win either cricket or rugby worlds cups. I only ever read that in the press.
  • Options
    The hype is generally built up the press and they work to a simple format. Take a sporting occasion, a tabloid desperate for ratings, an ex-international (choose your sport) and a ghosted comment to the effect that we have a real chance, which usually is at total odds with reality.

The papers are pretty cut throat and have to fill the pages with something between the matches and what better than invented hype?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    curry and chips
    Telling your ethnic friend that he's ok, cause he's one of us
  • Options
    Morrissey.