Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

tactical thoughts for saturday

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
what changes are we likely to see ?

Jerome appears to be fit again, which is a bonus. Would you bring him straight back, put ready in the whole again, and drop M Bent ?

Comments

• I reckon we'll see the same team that started against Watford
  • Probably start with five in midfield, with Darren Bent the lone striker and play more or less the same team as vs Watford. Thinking back a couple of years...the 4-5-1 formation was used a lot by Dowie at Palace. I thought it worked well when attacking although defensively they leaked goals. Charlton though have a better defense/keeper than Palace did.

Five in midfield also gives Reid a bit more freedom, maybe it was me but Reid played his best game against Watford when he was able to be a little freer of markers etc.

Carson
    Young - El K - Diawara - HH
    -Faye-a.n.other-
    Romm-Reid-Thomas
    ---Darren Bent---
  • worth remembering though that Joey Barton won't give Reidy anywhere near the amount of freedom to play, as Watford did.
  • Well I'm hoping that we don't give Barton the room to play that we did last season. Playing five in midfield should give him something to take his mind off Reid.
  • edited November 2006
    Get Kish in there to hassle Barton
  • Len, in all fairness, if it was Henry then you would say 'get Kish in there to out-nutmeg him'

:-)
  • Len you must be gutted that Kish has not been starting recently. Do you think his days are numbered under Dowie ?
  • [cite] Ketman:[/cite]Len you must be gutted that Kish has not been starting recently. Do you think his days are numbered under Dowie ?

At 32 his days would be numbered whoever the manager. However I would have thought his ability to play either midfield or right back would have gained him at least another year on his contract.

However Holland seems to be Dowie's blue eyed boy for some reason so yes I reckon Kish is on the way out.
  • Holland has only started 5 games, and he was actually quite good against Watford, so if we are playing the same formation then he has a chance. I don't think it really matters who plays Holland, Hughes or Kish - each have their strengths and weaknesses, but ultimately none are quite up to the grade.
  • [cite] Salad Spinner:[/cite] I don't think it really matters who plays Holland, Hughes or Kish - each have their strengths and weaknesses, but ultimately none are quite up to the grade.

I think that is very true.
  • Sponsored links:

• OK and I largely agree, Holland played well against Watford, that just shows his CCC level: Hughes I have never liked: Kish I think tries hard, what is the way forward?

Wil Traore be coming back soon and how is Sorondo doing when they are back we will have a proper defence? I don't want to see the ELK or HH very often for that matter.

It just shows we still need ball carriers in the midfield.
  • if all fit then.

Young....Sorondo....Diawara...Traore

...however will they all ever be fit at the same time !!! (or in time for that matter)
  • MCSMCS
    edited November 2006
    [cite] Eltham_addick:[/cite]if all fit then.

Young....Sorondo....Diawara...Traore

...however will they all ever be fit at the same time !!! (or in time for that matter)

Spot on Eltham john, oh i mean eltham addick. Thats my first choice back 4 when alls fit.
  • [cite] pickwick:[/cite]I don't want to see the ELK or HH very often for that matter.

Agreed, dont wanna see see these other than on the bench as cover. Then we aint far off of a really strong defence.