Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Our Pen that wasn't, 2nd half ?

edited December 2007 in General Charlton
What actually happened.?

Too far away to see but couldn't work out how th ref seemed to give the pen, but after appeals we end up with a corner.
I didn't see the lino put his flag up for a corner beforehand ?

All a bit strange

Comments

• Options
    From block j in the upper north, it a pen. With the defender using his upper arm to put the ball out from the cross/ shot. The ref also thought that was the case, however the lino didn't and gave the corner, spoke to someone in the pub after who was sitting in the family area between the east and north stand and said that the lino was right.
  • Options
    defender blocked it with his chest, referee made the mistake in pointing to the spot, but i didn't know the ref could change his mind?!
  • Options
    Lino was spot on; it hit the defender on the chest. Never a handball. Give the referee credit for acknowledging that the lino had the better view.
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Definately hit his chest and we all laughed when he pointed to the spot. Can he change his mind? Of course he can, he can do what he likes, he's in charge! That apart, he was quite happy with the challenge that led to their pen, the lino gave that one. I also thought he got in the way of play/players more than any other Ref I've seen this season.
  • Options
    I thought he was the best ref I've seen in bloody years. took some bollocks to reverse a blatantly wrong decision in front of the home crowd.
    IMO his only mistake during the game was not booking Mills earlier!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]I thought he was the best ref I've seen in bloody years. took some bollocks to reverse a blatantly wrong decision in front of the home crowd.
    IMO his only mistake during the game was not booking Mills earlier!

Mr Swarbrick was the same referee who denied Varney a blatent penalty at Coventry earlier this season!!!!
  • Options
    It was never a pen, it clearly hit the defender on the chest.
  • Options
    the right decision was made (in the end), but that might encourage players to surround and or intimidate officials even more.
    a referee never changes a decision = bo****ks
  • Options
    The one in the 1st half was definate pen when it hit the ipswich guy on the arm. Mr Singh was the best ref this season
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    that was really bad refereeing. If your unsure consult the linesman before you blow up and point to the spot. not after.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]The one in the 1st half was definate pen when it hit the ipswich guy on the arm. Mr Singh was the best ref this season[/quote]

If Mr Singh was the Sikh guy we had that sent off Dion Dublin then I have to say he was the second worse ref I've ever seen after Rob Styles.
  • Options
    Thought Singh did a pretty good job and the guy yesterday, worst guy Styles by a mile
  • Options
    A referee is allowed to change his mind right up to the point of the restart of play. He shouldn't have signalled penalty when the assistant clearly had signalled a corner. However he was correct (and well within his rights) to talk to his assistant and make the correct decision which was corner as it clearly came of Wilnis' chest/stomach.
  • Options
    We are quick to criticise Refs for not consulting. It clearly wasn't handball lets give him some credit for changing his decision.
  • Options
    at the game i was adamant it was apenalty as were my neighbours. having watched it on the the lino has had a blinder
  • Options
    The Ipswich pen was given by the lino at the other end too, and the ref didn't even consult him about it, even though he hadn't initially signalled anything.