Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

10 reasons why i dislike Ipswich....

edited December 2007 in General Charlton
Though, i can't for the life of me think of one.

Help me out here people

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2007
    1. They play in blue!
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    2.maurizio tarrico ~ god bless neil heaney

that`s all i think of
  • Options
    What has bloody Ipswich ever done for us???
  • Options
    3. Due to Ipswich, you now need to carry photo ID and a utility bill while Curb Crawling
  • Options
    Can't think of many apart from when they got promoted at the time we did, they had a slightly better season than us in the prem which took some gloss off our achievements.

Can think of a few reasons to like/thank them

1. Matt Holland
    2. Herminator
    3. Darren Bent
  • Options
    You can't really hate Ipswich because of the great players they have given us (see Bingaddick's list)

That Taricco was a dirty swine though wasn't he? I remember hating him.
  • Options
    Took the shine off our Championship trophy presentation by beating us 3 - 1

Their smug arrogance before both legs of the play off semi saying that they would beat us easily.

Singing "you've never won F*** all" to us when we were in the top flight when they were a non-league side.

Their fans constant moaning about us taking their players off them and didn't we have a youth policy of our own.

Their fans saying Darren Bent wasn't good enough for the premier league and wouldn't score goals (although that makes me laugh and cheers me up)

Having to give them some of the D. Bent money.
  • Options
    I just irrationally dislike Ipswich, along with Reading.

Something nasty about both clubs that I can't put my finger on
  • Options
    marcus bent and ambrose?
  • Options
    Cant really think of any either.

One of my best friends is a ST holder (staying with us on Saturday night so we MUST win), so they have kinda become my 2nd team....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Their overblown sense of self importance and arrogance.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]Their overblown sense of self importance and arrogance.

Think that's my problem with both clubs
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]Their overblown sense of self importance and arrogance.

Think that's my problem with both clubs
    Never felt that with Reading. As Henry said earlier, "you've never won f**k all" shows not only the way they still bask in successes gained before most of the people sing it were born , but a ignorance of the history of other clubs.

Hope they try to sing it on Saturday, I can't wait to give "F**k all, you really KNOW f**k all" back :)
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Probably because they remind us too much of ourselves & no-one likes looking at themselves in the mirror......unless of course your name is Rothko!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Probably because they remind us too much of ourselves & no-one likes looking at themselves in the mirror......unless of course your name is Rothko!

WSS doesn't use mirrors, just the eyes of a thousand women!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Probably because they remind us too much of ourselves & no-one likes looking at themselves in the mirror......unless of course your name is Rothko!

WSS doesn't use mirrors, just the eyes of a thousand women!

Cue the music....

Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk,
    Im a womans man: no time to talk.
    Music loud and women warm, Ive been kicked around
    Since I was born.
    And now its all right. its ok.
    And you may look the other way.
    We can try to understand
    The charlton times effect on man.
  • Options
    country bumpkin accents
  • Options
    My mate used to support Ipswich.

He's an extractor fan.
  • Options
    getting stuck behind their bloody tractors
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Very good (the ex-tractor fan joke that is!).

The only reason I can think of is Henry's one about them beating us the day we picked up the Championship trophy.

Other than that this is the team that let Leaburn score a hat-trick against them and even Super Kev score a last minute winner! They give us all their best players on the cheap and like to play decent football too. In fact I think I hope they turn us over tomorrow ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    the fast trains don't stop at manningtree
  • Options
    1. Marcus Evans
    2. Marcus Evans
    3. Marcus Evans
    4. Marcus Evans
    5. Marcus Evans
    6. Marcus Evans
    7. Marcus Evans
    8. Marcus Evans
    9. Marcus Evans
    10. Marcus Evans
  • Options
    George fookin Burley.

arrogant, self-important scottish shit-pot. And to think people wanted him down our gaff.
  • Options
    That gawd-awful, tuneless, head-bangery "Singin' the Blues" that plays over the tannoy when they win and the way the in-breeds all drone along to it. Apart from that I think they're great.
  • Options
    My best mate is an Ipswich town fan, so I too have soft spot for Ipswich, a peat bog in North Wales.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Took the shine off our Championship trophy presentation by beating us 3 - 1

I was in the south stand that day, and they took the michael for 90 mins, i actually really hate them, they really get under my skin.......on a par with millwall
  • Options
    Maurico Tarrico

Also their inbred fans