Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

If your going to get lost at sea, and the wife collects on the insurance

edited December 2007 in Not Sports Related
Make sure there aren't photos of you on the net in South America with the wife!

Darwin300x180.jpg

Comments

• can someone explain this story to me?
  • i saw that this morning... what a slip up!!!

and why would you choose panama as widower to go and live on your own? hilarious.
  • what a muppet, its a sure thing teh press will get hold of this in the end
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]can someone explain this story to me?

Well he can't as he's lost his memory of the past 5 years. : - )

Guy canoes out to sea, body never found. wife claims on insurance and is totally surprised to learn of Hubby re-appearance.

Last week he re-appears, minus memory. Wife has move to Panama 6 months ago but papers claim that photo of the two of them together is a year old. Hubby now been arrested for what it isn't clear.

Not clear when the photo was taken but it does seem a little odd. Does Panama have an extradition treaty with the UK or is it a tax haven?
  • I imagine with no extradition and one of the most private banking systems in the world, if i was going to pull of a massive insurance scam i'd be heading to Central American beaches for my retirement!! Lovelly!

I thought this kind of thing only happened in films?!
  • this bit has annoyed me:

"The picture was discovered by a friend who was surfing the internet after hearing Darwin's had reappeared.

A pal said: "She couldn't believe what she had seen and immediately called Cleveland Police." Earlier, it was reported that Darwin may have spent the past five years in America with an "internet" lover. He was in contact with "several women" in the US when he disappeared."

Who's friend couldnt believe what they had seen? and anyway why would you grass them unless you hate himd? okay so its dishonest but still you wouldnt get me running to the press/police.
  • Perhaps she was one of the women in the US he was in contact with.
  • If you are going to "disappear" then don't have your photo taken with the estae agent who is showing you around appartments in South America!

Doh!
  • I may have lost part of this story but didn't he reappear in England last week and wander into a police station claiming he didn't know what had happened to him for the past 5 years?
    If he'd legged it to Panama to set up a new life with the life insurance money, why come back and go to a police station?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]I may have lost part of this story but didn't he reappear in England last week and wander into a police station claiming he didn't know what had happened to him for the past 5 years?
    If he'd legged it to Panama to set up a new life with the life insurance money, why come back and go to a police station?

All very odd. Maybe he wanted a way to come back to the UK and that was the best he could think off or perhaps he really has forgotten everything from the last 5 years.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]this bit has annoyed me:

"The picture was discovered by a friend who was surfing the internet after hearing Darwin's had reappeared.

A pal said: "She couldn't believe what she had seen and immediately called Cleveland Police." Earlier, it was reported that Darwin may have spent the past five years in America with an "internet" lover. He was in contact with "several women" in the US when he disappeared."

Who's friend couldnt believe what they had seen? and anyway why would you grass them unless you hate himd? okay so its dishonest but still you wouldnt get me running to the press/police.

More like a "friend" who thought "I can flog this picture for a few hundred quid to the papers"
  • How much was the canoe insured for?