Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Any Experience with Headhunting Firms?

edited November 2007 in Not Sports Related
I've just had an unsolicited E Mail from an 'executive search firm' based in Lincoln Inn Fields.

They seem to know quite a few details about my career history and are asking me to contact them but give little details about either themselves or what they want to speak to me about.

Is this the normal way of doing business from these firms?

My only previous experience of being headhunted was when I was poached as bar staff from one pub to its local rival with the promise of an extra 50p an hour!

Comments

• Options
    you havent applied for any jobs online and had to attach your CV etc have you?

i done that 3 years ago and still get calls to the day
  • Options
    Yeah thats pretty much it, they won't tell you any details untill you confirm your interest. They all ask you "do you know anyone that might be interested in xxxxx position" took me a while to work out i was supposed to say i was rather than giving a load of mates names!
  • Options
    sadly, no :-(
  • Options
    After various modelling contracts for "New Look" catalogue, I was headhunted by Speedo to model their latest swimwear.
    You can find me on page 146 of the current Freemans catalogue in a beach volleyball shoot.
  • Options
    Abs and myself once met a head hunting firm in Chelsea!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Robbo on the wing[/cite]After various modelling contracts for "New Look" catalogue, I was headhunted by Speedo to model their latest swimwear.
    You can find me on page 146 of the current Freemans catalogue in a beach volleyball shoot.

LOL !