Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

breakdown cover renewal

just got my renewal reminder through from RAC.
£171 *picks self off floor*. reduced to £122 after a phone call telling them that the £122 is being quoted as an on-line new customer offer and that i felt that showed no loyalty to existing customers.
they didn't even try to fob me off with any excuse and accepted that that is all i was gonna pay.
£49 saved for a 2 minute call.
i wonder how many people actually renew automatically without querying stuff like this?

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]just got my renewal reminder through from RAC.
    £171 *picks self off floor*. reduced to £122 after a phone call telling them that the £122 is being quoted as an on-line new customer offer and that i felt that showed no loyalty to existing customers.
    they didn't even try to fob me off with any excuse and accepted that that is all i was gonna pay.
    £49 saved for a 2 minute call.
    i wonder how many people actually renew automatically without querying stuff like this?

I move my house insurance every year for the very same reason, they rely on you renewing without questioning the price.
  • Options
    Had the same from teh AA last year

Tried the loyalty route they were having none of it so i cancelled and re joined the next morning saving £38
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Had the same from teh AA last year

Tried the loyalty route they were having none of it so i cancelled and re joined the next morning saving £38

that's ridiculous, these firms must love the extra paperwork , rip off gits