Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

That music

It was my first visit to The Valley for a while last night - I wish had arrived in England 24 hours later so that I had missed the game.

However, the music before the game is a bit over the top, I feel. Especially, when it is followed by the tinny "Red Red Robin". I assume this played before all games - I am not sure that it will sound right before an end of season game with nothing on it. Of course, we all hope that we will not be in that position.

Comments

• i think it helps to build up the atmosphere. I don't think its the clubs fault that the "anthem" is an old song.

the contender music was also used by fulham this weekend on sunday, think they copied charlton though....
  • i don't mind it, but it goes on for too long.

Its one of Pards motivational thingies, though clearly not working. Like anything, if overused it losses its impact.

It also drowns out any building crowd atmosphere.
  • what about the O'verona song? I think thats great when that is played with the video on the screen
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    It also drowns out any building crowd atmosphere.

what's that then?
  • O Verona works, but the video needs up dating, it's like a best of the Premiership.
  • All fair comments. On reflection, Suzi is right about the fact that it helps to build up the atmosphere. I guess I have never really liked the Red Red Robin tune, although the line 'Wake up you sleepy heads' has been appropriate at times in the past.
  • Actually Rothers it's got a lot more than the prem - Messr's Mendonca, Hales, Powell, Leaburn and a few others as well!

Contender is looped for 4 minutes. We start it the same time at each home game, to go into the Video when the teams are lined up in the tunnel. If it goes on, then it's because there is a delay in the tunnel for what ever reason.

Suzi - Are you sure it's not the Bolero song that Fulham are using? Well the truth is we all nick each other's ideas - but we were first with O'Verona!

Just like Z Cars at Everton - RRR is our song, it may be cr*p (as Airman Brown once said) but it's our cr*p song!