Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone watch Kid A on Channel 4 last night?

Was about a kid who committed murder when he was 10/11 and was then released with a different identity in a new location.

Based on the James Bulger case I assume.

Not often I can sit through 2 hours of Channel 4 drama but it was excellent. Although in the end you did sort of feel sorry for the lad a bit even though he did what he did in the past, not sure if that was the intention.

I wonder if Venables and the other one (cant remember names) watched it?

Comments

• Options
    gutted i missed it,it had such good write ups,had to watch im a celebrity instead very boring.
  • Options
    i wanted to watch it but had to watch that mcintyre thing instead.

thompson was the other kid's name. did you learn about the original identity at all of Boy A. was it a high profile case?
  • Options
    I think it was a fictional case. They certainly didnt make any reference to anyone in particular.

A must watch if it gets repeated.
  • Options
    fantastic drama. great performance by the kid.

be interesting to see if the audience would've had that sympathy if the story was based on the main perpetrator in the awful murder or if boy As involvement was left less ambiguous.

based on a novel.
  • Options
    We watched it. Fascinating stuff. Felt really sorry for him, despite the fact that as a child he did wrong, it definately made me think. He never mentioned his crime or that he was sorry, he was more concerned with how his friend died. threw up loads of questions, was he sorry, did he understand?

If I found out someone living near me had committed a crime 14 years ago when a child, would i react differently to them? difficult one to say when not in the situation (as far as i know)

However, when I was 10, I'm sure I did things that I didn't realise were wrong, but silly little things and not that involved harming other people....makes you wonder what possessed them to do it?

Thought it was really good.
  • Options
    Very good programme.
    Not sure if i felt sorry for him or not, or if i was guilty for thinking this way.
    I was talking about it with one of our apprentices and he said "well they were only kids when they did it" can't stop bloody thinking that he could be Venables or thompson now! going to give him some crap work this afternoon anyway!!!!
  • Options
    Amazon book

btw> it was called Boy A and not named after Radiohead's album :-)