Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is this a valid parking ticket?

edited November 2007 in Not Sports Related
some advice please

I was issued a parking ticket on the Barking Road last Saturday. At the time I thought it was a fair cop as I had been on double yellows for 40 mins or so. When I returned home I looked at the ticket and the issuer had added an incorrect registration number to my car. Mine is RF07, but the ticket says RF02, in two differing areas of the ticket itself.

So the question is what do i do:-
1: Ignore it as the parking authority have no way of tracing me as the reg is incorrect.
2: Phone the number on the back of the ticket and say a parking ticket was put on my car in error and explain why - I am reluctant to do this as I am sure they will try and pin it on my anyway and therefore honesty would still cost me £50

Has anyone been in this situation before? Any advice please?

And for the wags, yes I should have got a ticket for having the foolishness to enter east London in the first place......

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Pay the fine.

If there is any other identifying information on the ticket, or the PA put it in correctly on their copy of the ticket, you WILL be fined. As you say, you know you were there for forty minutes and, whilst you used to be able to pull all sorts of tricks in getting round tickets (I used to work for the Parking Appeals tribunal - believe me, I've seen people challenge tickets on the basis that the PA put 'red' down as the colour of the vehicle, with the appellant subsqequently challenging it on the basis that the car was 'maroon' - they didn't win) the fact remains that you were parked illegally.

Don't park illegally - don't get a fine. (well, usually anyway, although sometimes even that doesn't hold true with some of the more (ahem) 'over zealous' traffic wardens out there!
  • Options
    ignore it , you never saw it anyway *nudge nudge wink wink*
  • Options
    It's an invalid ticket, so don't pay it however they will probably have a picture of your vehicle, before you decide what to do have a look on the net for some advice and then decide.
  • Options
    If you park on a double yellow line you should be clamped and then towed to a pound and charged at least a grand. If people like you didn't park so inconsiderately there would not be the traffic delays in London.
    A double yellow means no parking at anytime. Is that so difficult to understand?

This is not a wind up. Illegal parkers piss me off, even more so when they try and get out of paying.
  • Options
    Consumer Action Group

Try this forum mate. I got off a ticket by signing up and asking a few questions from one of the overly zealous guys
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]If you park on a double yellow line you should be clamped and then towed to a pound and charged at least a grand. If people like you didn't park so inconsiderately there would not be the traffic delays in London.
    A double yellow means no parking at anytime. Is that so difficult to understand?

This is not a wind up. Illegal parkers piss me off, even more so when they try and get out of paying.

Bad day Dave?
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    ok, thanks for the advice, all of it

sorry to have pissed you off............
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]
    A double yellow means no parking at anytime.

not strictly true,in certain boroughs, if you have a disabled parking badge you can park on double yellow lines
  • Options
    I work in the industry, if the PCN has an incorrect VRM on it don't pay, they can't go back to the photo or PA's pocket book later. It has to be 100% right on your vehicle first time.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]

Bad day Dave?

Not at all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]If you park on a double yellow line you should be clamped and then towed to a pound and charged at least a grand. If people like you didn't park so inconsiderately there would not be the traffic delays in London.

ha ha
  • Options
    About a month a go my company got a PCN through the post for obstructing a box junction at a set of traffic lights in Ealing. As it was handed to me by my mum (family run business and we like to keep the old dear busy by letting her open the mail) I saw some strange things. The vehicle on the photo taken from a traffic camera was not our mid blue Vauxhall Vivaro but a black black Vauxhall Zafira.

As with your parking ticket they had entered one part of the numberplate wrong and we had got it instead of SRY as we are SRV at the end. I tried to contact the correct people via the number provided and email address provided, no joy. I wrote three times enclosing a copy of the PCN and got no reply finally at the fourth attempt of writing and after about 5 hours queuing on the phone only to cut off each time and numerous emails they finally sent me a letter in response to say my appeal had been noted and accepted. No sorry to bother you and it was all just a simple mix up that we hope did not cause you too much inconvenience.

In the end I feel sorry for the real culprit who is facing a fine when they finally catch up with him. I like others on here hate people that park illegally as in my area the roads are narrow and easily blocked, I also do not see why people cannot see a box junction, yet his front wheels were only just on the line!
  • Options
    My ex got a ticket for having her car parked half on the road and half on the pavement but they had the address down as Canada Street instead of Canada Road..she argued the toss and it got quashed.
  • Options
    Someone i know parked in Westminster with one of those meter things but came back and had a ticket even though he had money in the meter.

The council came back and said "you can only pay by text or phone in these particular bays now" - the signs were not even visible where he parked, absolutely ridiculous. He is still arguing.
  • Options
    Im kind of with you DaveyDave. It drives me mental going through charlton village when some fucker has just parked up on the double yellows outside the coop and gone inside for his weekly shop... the buses cant get past and then the traffic is backed up all the way down charlton road and opposite direction - holding up everyone.
  • Options
    good luck to the chancers that do park on Yellow lines, i'm all for your gallant attempt to bring down the system.

However,

People who park in disabled bays without a disabled badge are scum. FACT
  • Options
    what about the people that have a dodgy disabled badge?

like the 20 year olds that borrow their Grannies disabled badge!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Im kind of with you DaveyDave. It drives me mental going through charlton village when some fucker has just parked up on the double yellows outside the coop and gone inside for his weekly shop... the buses cant get past and then the traffic is backed up all the way down charlton road and opposite direction - holding up everyone.

Sorry.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]good luck to the chancers that do park on Yellow lines, i'm all for your gallant attempt to bring down the system.

However,

Spot on AFKA.
  • Options
    I saw a Parking attendant in Bayswater last week before the England game issuing a ticket outside our hotel then taking a photograph of the ticket on the windscreen & then the actual car with registration plate in full view, think the term banned to rights is appropriate here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]good luck to the chancers that do park on Yellow lines, i'm all for your gallant attempt to bring down the system.

However,

Spot on AFKA.

he's not spot on about double yellows.
    Double yellow lines are there for a reason... and if we ignored them then people wouldnt be able to get from A to B as most roads would be blocked.. single yellow lines, however are different. stupid thing to say i reckon.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]

However,

and the same can be said for the people who park in the spots designated for parents with 'small children' the amount of times i see parents with young teenage kids parking in these spots aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]

However,

and the same can be said for the people who park in the spots designated for parents with 'small children' the amount of times i see parents with young teenage kids parking in these spots aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Seconded. Or when you see someone in one of those bays with a two door Punto and not a child seat in sight. Makes me want to squash it with my 4x4.
  • Options
    I got off a ticket in Blackheath from a loading bay as it was the "first sighted" and "time of issue" were inside the allotted time and also because I argued that I was loading my car...............With a bottle of wine and a bunch of flowers
  • Options
    Perhaps when the Viceroy says "your lamb Boona will be ready for collection in 15 mins" when they actually mean 20, we may have a solution to this problem.