Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Will the BBC and ITV

still make a big fuss about Euro 2008 and show every game despite no home nations having qualified ?

Comments

• Hope so
  • I like the Euros, better footballing championship then the world cup, always produces good games, some classics in the last two
  • it wouldnt surprise me if ITV2 and BBC3 were used for some.
  • Couldn't give a Monkeys now we aren't in it......Over in Australia, as soon as they are knocked out of a competition...such as the 20/20 cricket, they pull the plug on coverage.....Its meaningless now really.
  • edited November 2007
    They may well be contractually obliged to show matches on their main channels (ie BBC1 and ITV1).

ITV would definitely be tempted to bump matches onto ITV4, mind - but then again, top-class sport can still bring in advertisers and a decent audience, whoever is involved. Let's face it, you'll still be watching it, I bet.
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I like the Euros, better footballing championship then the world cup, always produces good games, some classics in the last two
    Amen to that Rothko - remember that Dutch vs the Czechs from last time - one of the best international matches I've ever seen. The only one that rivals it from recent world cups is the Mexico-Argentina one from the last WC

The Euros also, of course, had the best moment I've ever had watching Spain - beating Yugoslavia 4-3 after being 3-2 down in injury time.
  • I will be watching as many games as I can - love the Euros & I think it's gonna be an interesting tournament - no obvious winner in there at the moment.

I would love to see Spain win it.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]I will be watching as many games as I can - love the Euros & I think it's gonna be an interesting tournament - no obvious winner in there at the moment.

I'll be going for the Dutch due to living there for a while. I'll also be going for any team other than Portugal.
  • Hello mate - I made a flying visit to Vancouver earlier this week - in & out within 48 hours. It was raining as ever.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]I will be watching as many games as I can - love the Euros & I think it's gonna be an interesting tournament - no obvious winner in there at the moment.

LOL - so would I (obviously) but its not going to happen. Casillas is a good keeper, and Reina is a great backup. In defence, the full backs are dreadful, Puyol and Ramos are OK at centre half but there is no depth there, so any injuries will ruin them. Midfield is (or at least has the potential to be) awesome - the best in Europe (Xavi, Iniesta, Alonso, Joaquin, Reyes, Senna) but will fail to impress as usual, and up front Torres and Villa can't play well together, which probably means Raul will stay in the damn side again - despite not having a good game since Euro 2000.

Another quarter final exit - probably to sodding Portugal
  • Yes mate - shame you weren't here for the last few days as it's been beautiful sunshine - next time you have time give me a shout to get together for a beer and the first session of the Charlton supporters club of Western Canada - Maybe we could entice the other BC addicks to come out.