Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Oh Darling....

edited November 2007 in Not Sports Related
It has been established today that important data/information relating to payments for people claiming Child tax credits has gone missing.
What will happen if these details need to be replaced if they have fallen into someone elses hands.

In view of a minor slip would it change your voting intentions at the next election and does this latest failure convince you regarading the ID issue.

Comments

• id cards are foolproof.
  • edited November 2007
    Always been against ID Cards. Expensive, wont stop people who want to beat the system, and dangerously "big brother". They are entirely being advocated so that the Govt can look tough and has nothing much to do with security. This cock up shows how easily data on us can be lost and fall into the hands of criminals.

As for voting intentions changing after today well the kind of things that have led to todays cock up have happened under Brown/Darlings watch but frankly I doubt that any other party in charge would have done things greatly differently. All politicians when in power try to increase their knowledge and leverage over the population and in the computer age with the ability to gather data into huge database, all parties would probably be trying the same approach. So it wont change my voting intentions. That said I didn't vote for this Government last time.
  • A great thread covered the ID card debate a while ago, for those who haven't seen it, see below, oh, and check out Aliwibble's post!

One of the best non-footballing threads on C/L