Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wagamama restuarant has anyone been?

edited November 2007 in Not Sports Related
A friend is visiting from Japan and it's my turn to pay for the blow out,have looked at the Wagamama site and it looks okay,just wandering if anyone has been and if so what's it like.

If anyone knows of any Japanese restuarants that they have eaten in and which are worth a visit please let me know.

Comments

• Badger, they're a chain, so it'll depend a bit on which branch you go to. Some people find sitting next to random strangers on the benches a bit weird, but I've never really minded that, and the things I've ordered have been nice enough. Huge portions too. All I would say is don't ever go to Wagamama on a first date, as it's virtually impossible to eat noodles in a ladylike manner, so she probably won't thank you for it if she's trying to make a good impression.

If I remember correctly, Suzi should be able to give you chapter and verse though.
  • The one in Jubilee Gardens (underground shopping centre) right next to Canary Wharf Tube station is good, the food is always spot on, but it always comes with the sitting next to complete strangers thing. This always bugs me, because I am British and we don't do the strangers thing very well.

Still if good food is your aim, then you can't go wrong.
  • I'll say that Satsuma on Wardour Street would be a better bet, I like Wagas, but Satsuma is good, does Sushi, as well as the stuff that Wagas does
  • Yeps - Wagamama is nice. The one on Haymarket is the best I've been to - go for the Chicken Katsu Curry and Chicken Gyoza... mmmmm....

Even better though, IMHO, is the Hare and Tortoise round the back of Russell Square. They're a chain, so not sure what the rest of them are like, but that one is absolutely top quality - and cheaper than Wagamama too.
  • I have good memories of Wagamama. Depending on how much you want to spend but Nobu, Zuma and Udon are each superb but bloody expensive.

Itsu on Wardour Street is good too and easier on wallet.
  • I've always found Wagamama's good, and the one here in Canary Wharf (as mentioned above) does great food with good service
  • Anything you wanna know about wagamama, just ask!

including, nearest ones, menu, recommendations, any other advice!

I'm their biggest fan, despite not having one since july (I do wake up dreaming of yaki udon!) Satsuma is good, but small, and there aren't as many of them as there are wagamamas.

If you're a table of 4, then depending on which wagamama you go to, you may not have to sit with others, and you could request a seat on your own if its not busy, the busier it is, the less luck you'll have but that does depend on restaurant. If you go onto the website, they often have vouchers as well so that could help your restaurant selection, every week they have different ones, 2 for 1's on main meals, free side dish etc! Anything else you wanna know, i'm here all day with my wagamama hat on! just ask!
  • Itsus, Wagamamas and Yo! are all good but more of a European take on Japanese food than authentic - personally I actually prefer them to the restaurants i've eaten in Japan!

If you want to show off try Zuma, Coccoon or Nobu but they can be quite pricy.

I always like to take Japanese people who come over with work to somewhere totally different that they're not used to like Bodeans or a decent pub that does food.
  • its worth noting that wagamama is infact pan-asian, and like T said, not strictly japanese. no raw fish!

An amazing restaurant is called Roka, on Charlotte Street, slightly pricey, but well worth it. sushi, sashimi and the most tender pork/lamb bites you will ever have.

also Ping Pong is a reasonable restaurant.

To be honest it depends what you're going there for, wagamama is great for a quick, reasonable bite to eat (you'll probably be in and out within an hour - Average time for meal for 2 is 40 mins and £30) if you want an evening full of eating, then i'd go somewhere else.
  • Roka

Link for you!
  • Sponsored links:

• If only there was one in Bromley!
  • Thanks for all the feedback left and the link which i also visited.

I Will let you all know where i go and if it was a hit!
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]If only there was one in Bromley!

I'm still heading the campaign for greenwich!!!
  • Still stunned there isn't a Wagas at the O2