Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eastenders

edited November 2007 in Not Sports Related
I watched this on Tuesday night - i was only allowed to watch it for the first time in ages as a friend had a small part in it. I watched it again last night and cringed to my boots.

I dont know too much about organised football violence but are you telling me that old fella wanted the manc to take over The Firm? he's a northerner for a start and that football gangs actually worked full time at being a firm...

Cringetastic telly.

Glad the baby survived after the coked up shocking actor pushed honey over...

Comments

• Options
    It's come to something when Coronation Street is, arguably, more realistic than EastEnders.
  • Options
    Eastenders was terrible this week! and as for that firm thing!what was all that about get real the producers should be sacked
  • Options
    I dont get it either.

Are they Cockney Reds? Or Walford Town's Firm. Or is the Shadwell Army back.

I need answers.
  • Options
    apparently last night "Watford Ran"
  • Options
    I heard its upset the scousers (again) as they mentioned hillsborough and heysel. Shouldnt really talk about controversial real life events to be honest.

good point southend. i shall email the BBC now!
  • Options
    curb it> who was your friend in it?

I didn't get it either.
    terrible comment by minty (I know its not real) re: hillsborough as well.
    why can't soaps keep it unreal by not living in the real world and mentioning real things? they only get it wrong!
  • Options
    The bloke is the archetypal northern monkey though!
  • Options
    Curb_it

What in Gawd's name possessed you???????

Nothing else for you.......10 Hail Mary's & a Glory Be will just about sort it.

Jaysus!

;-)
  • Options
    And what does Phil mean when he says he 'owns him'.

Does that mean he is now gonna beat people up for Phil?

Im not up on all this gangster stuff?
  • Options
    It was a very small section - he was the guy who interviewed Billy - for the job at shelf stacker... the lad who lives up stairs that oakster knows.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]And what does Phil mean when he says he 'owns him'.

Now that bit my toes curled, Tavern was shouting at the telly FFFF Off!
  • Options
    ohhhhhhhhh i saw him, the guy that said "i have no interest in babies, but i made you believe that i was bothered"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]curb it> who was your friend in it?

I didn't get it either.
    terrible comment by minty (I know its not real) re: hillsborough as well.
    why can't soaps keep it unreal by not living in the real world and mentioning real things? they only get it wrong!

The BBC have tried to explain that the comment was mis-interpreted:
    "In last night's EastEnders, Minty was actually reminding Jase that football hooliganism at Heysel led directly to the fencing-in of fans at football matches.

"He points out that this had tragic consequences - for the innocent spectators at Hillsborough. The BBC apologises if this remark was misinterpreted or caused any offence."
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]And what does Phil mean when he says he 'owns him'.

Now that bit my toes curled, Tavern was shouting at the telly FFFF Off!

did you tell him it wasn't real?

Les_Says, was showing more interest in benders this week, as i've been watching them at 10pm

les: "well who's that then?"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]It was a very small section - he was the guy who interviewed Billy - for the job at shelf stacker... the lad who lives up stairs that oakster knows.
    that guy was funny!
  • Options
    Script writer for Eastenders in none other than a Chartlon fan.
  • Options
    Thanks WSS - i shall let him know. I think he expected it to be a bit more as him and Billy had spent a long time filming that section but it was a busy episode that night. Here's hoping billy gets the job!
  • Options
    I can honestly say I haven't watch Eastenders in about 7 years - I couldn't tell you who is on it now.
  • Options
    you are not missing much
  • Options
    i thought it was a shockingly pathetic episode, though i did laugh at the guy playing the wired up loon. Quite possibly the worst actor i've ever seen, and i've watched Hollyoaks
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I couldnt see anything wrong with it.

Light hearted family entertainment
  • Options
    Every time I see it, it's just some gangland wannabe having a go at some other gangland wannabe.

Or some woman with a smacked face having a go at another woman with a smacked face.

Or maybe a mixture of the above.

It's complete fantasy now, of course - in real life, Albert Square would be full of Canary Wharf workers, the Vic would be a gastropub, it'd be a weekend farmers' market, and they'd have all been priced out of the area and the show would have to be set in Dagenham. Or Basildon.
  • Options
    Only saw the end bit, and that was seriously cringeworthy so god knows what the rest was like.

It couldn't have been as bad as the episode with billy on the tube not too long back?

Plus its nothing like the real eastenders:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ae2kYqg-E4
  • Options
    Nobody there works 'up town' or 'in the City' (apart from Bradley who never seems to go to work and still carries a briefcase....

Nobody has a washing machine.

Everybody eats in the Cafe all the time.

All the Market Traders drink in the pub every night (and never watch Football on the TV) and then are up at 5 to open their stalls every morning.

The only two restuarants are the Argy Bargy and Fargo's (if you're going posh !)

**BTW the wife watches it so I have to** !!
  • Options
    Glad we are all disscussing this subject because this "Firm" business had really been annoying me.
  • Options
    it was pathetic
  • Options
    Haven't watched a soap since i came back to England 5 years ago. I know it's cheap tv (in every sense) but surely it's time to pull the plug on these dinosaurs.
  • Options
    They're still consistently the most popular shows, though. Both EastEnders and Coronation Street regularly hit 9/10 million a week - no other show does that these days.
  • Options
    BRING BACK ELDARADO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!