Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

big explosion!

edited November 2007 in Not Sports Related
anyone know where it is? loads of smoke! greenwich way?

Comments

• Options
    actually more city airport way, anyone in canary wharf see it? my dad is ok, so its not at canary wharf.....?
  • Options
    Im at london bridge seems closer to me than greenwich
  • Options
    heard a lot of smoke around Canary wharf way
  • Options
    BBC says London fire over east district of statford
  • Options
    dad's just got a better look from his window...said its more east london ish, but walthamstow way? lots of flames. can't see them from here, just the thick dark smoke!
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    sky saying reports suggesting commercial road area
  • Options
    Watterden Road, Stratford
  • Options
    Black smoke seen in the area of commercial road east london.
  • Options
    The smoke's over canary wharf at the mo - can only see the woolwich side of the estate from my window - gonna have a look from somewhere else in the building.
  • Options
    Great view from Canary Wharf here , looks more like Stratford
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    looks like oil / chemical related from the smoke, meant to be a warehouse fire. smoke getting worse and worse.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]Great view from Canary Wharf here , looks more like Stratford
    thats another £500m costs added onto the Olympic budget.

Bet the government and Rothko did it on purpose to hide the fact that we need to spend more money.

;-)
  • Options
    just a fire apparently, but did you hear an explosion Suze?
  • Options
    rumours of a 2nd fire now
  • Options
    Some doris from Woolwich is on bbc news saying it's coming from the back of the stratford area
  • Options
    where are people getting the news from?
  • Options
    it's on sky news
  • Options
    fire brigade confirm they have been called to an incident in stratford
  • Options
    It does look like its on the edge of the olympic site
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]It does look like its on the edge of the olympic site
    see...

hope nobody is hurt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sounds like its on an industrial site on the verge of the Olypic Village, possibly a bus garage, which would explain the density of the smoke, ie./ diesel
  • Options
    If it's waterden road, it's on the olympic site and could well be the fuel tanks at one of the bus garages...
  • Options
    You beat me to it by 3 seconds!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]just a fire apparently, but did you hear an explosion Suze?

no but saw it literally when it started with a big mushroom cloud going up.....wasn't your bog standard house fire!
  • Options
    Just been outside my house in Greenwich and the smoke is spreading out,Thick & black and a strong smell .
  • Options
    its gone very dark over us here!
  • Options
    Bus station in hackney wick, 14 fire engines on the scene.
  • Options
    I blame Lisa Simpson
  • Options
    Some girl was just on the phone to Sky News, saying the smoke was like that from the Twin Towers... what a dumb thing to say
  • Options
    Sky News are getting some real East End thicko's on there. The latest one:

"they're saying its not a terrorist attack yeah, but I dont believe that yeah"

Yeah love, terrorists often go for disused warehouses!