Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The week that was - 13th November 1993. Charlton 5 Notts County 1

2»

Comments

• Options
    I feel bloody old :-/
  • Options
    As usual the Programme can be seen here

https://www.flickr.com/photos/addicks7-6/15338925389

Want to see more Charlton Programmes, then visit

http://www.flickr.com/photos/addicks7-6/sets/
  • Options

Didn't we spank Peterborough 5-1 at home that season too with Nelse getting a hat-trick? Two 5-1 home wins in a single season.... seems inconceivable with the desperately blunt attack we have had for the last 18 months or so, and to be honest seems inconceivable looking back then as my recollection of us that season is that we generally struggled to score goals... that might just have been during the post-Man Utd descent though...

That's because you never overlapped on the left.....
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    One of my first matches. I don't know what the game stats look like but from memory it was possibly the most even 5-1 game in the history of football.
  • Options
    Didn't we spank Peterborough 5-1 at home that season too with Nelse getting a hat-trick? Two 5-1 home wins in a single season.... seems inconceivable with the desperately blunt attack we have had for the last 18 months or so, and to be honest seems inconceivable looking back then as my recollection of us that season is that we generally struggled to score goals... that might just have been during the post-Man Utd descent though...
    Yeah first Charlton player to get a hatrick in so many years i seem to remember.
    I had my first ever season ticket in F block that season. Nelson's hatrick against Posh was the first since Melrose got one against Everton in 1986, coincidentally that was my first ever Charlton match.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Footage of the goal that the ref nearly blocked on the line here:

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    Footage of the goal that the ref nearly blocked on the line here:

The ref would not look out of place in our defence.  Sign him up.
  • Options
    I remember the game well as I felt a bit deflated after a 5-1 victory. Curbs was absolutely right to have a go at the fans that night.
  • Options
    I was there..... were we top after this match?

If I remember curbs laid in to the fans after they had a go at Kim Grant.... or was that a different game?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It was that game