Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wii Compatability USA/UK

TELTEL
edited November 2007 in Not Sports Related
Does anybody know if the Wii games bought in the UK are compatible with a Console bought in the USA? I have the chance to buy a new Console for $250 USD which is under £125...any advice gratefully received

Comments

• Options
    am told that consoles do work fine over here bought in the US, haven't seen it first hand though, and not sure if that applies to games on different country machines.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Tel, do a google for wii+forum and you'll find loads of forums, boards, chatrooms etc.

You're bound to find the answer.
  • Options
    Thank you guys
  • Options
    T is the 'expert' on this stuff. Hopefully he'll be along shortly.
  • Options
    No the games don't work on a Wii... If you have a US console you'll need to import US games. A US machine will not play PAL games.

The only games console that is region free is the PS3 for games BUT the DVD regions still exist so you'll have to buy in films from the region you're in.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the answers/comments......I'll have to try and get one here in England
  • Options
    You should be able to get one from Europe which will prob be cheaper & just change the system language.

The regions for DVDs are different for gaming, I believe its the US, Asia, China, Europe & Oceania - So only four! No idea if games are cheaper to import from Aus though.
  • Options
    Nothing seems to be cheaper in Oz mate....bloody European cars are scandalously expensive....make that anything that is European. Anway thanks to you all...
  • Options
    This is a major reason to buy a Wii by January:

http://www.sega.com/gamesite/marioandsonic/index.php