Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Green or not should we pay for carrier bags?.

2»

Comments

• Options
    most fishmongers are much more expensive than sainsbury or tesco, but the quality is generally way better.

Why not use the money you save by buying veg at a greengrocer to subsidise the cost of getting far better quality fish from a fishmonger.

But, getting back on thread- make sure you use an old reusable plastic bag for each.. :-)
  • Options
    I'm a one stop shopper, as much as i'd like to support my local butcher/fishmonger etc... i don't want to spend half a day driving around between them all, parking up getting one thing then moving on elsewhere...

It's not lazy, it's about not wanting to waste my weekends.

If i'm passing or in the area i might pop in but i'm not going out of my way to do it, which is why i shop in Supermarkets. I can support local & small suppliers in several of the stores now

And i use those bags for life which are actually so much more practical than the 'free' plastic bags
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T[/cite]I'm a one stop shopper, as much as i'd like to support my local butcher/fishmonger etc... i don't want to spend half a day driving around between them all, parking up getting one thing then moving on elsewhere...

Getting ticketed in the process......

Im even worse than you. I get Tesco to deliver!
  • Options
    I've just strated using the online sites aswell. I find that although there is a £5 dilivery charge i actually spend less as i don't walk around the store putting all the deals in my trolly!

Way forword, no plastic bags and it saves a car journey as well!