Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

times re trains to southampton

i cant seem to get the journey planners for sw trains and tfl to work for some reason...does anybody have the train times for tomorrow and whether there are any planned delays along the way ?

Comments

• Options
    No engineering works planned.Fast trains are at five mins past the hour.I'm on the 09:05 :)
  • Options
    thanks...i was thinking of getting a train around 11.30/12pm...any idea how long the journey time is ?
  • Options
    i think my one gets in at 11:01 so about 2 hrs i think...
  • Options
    ok, thanks for that...and while i'm being a pain in the arse, how much is the fare ?
  • Options
    Fast train to Southampton from Waterloo only takes about 1hr 10mins (I went to uni there so have done the journey hundreds of times!).

Think the fare is about £30 return.
  • Options
    There is a deal on which is 4 travel for the price of 2 or so i've been informed.
  • Options
    In which case my 9.05 cant be fast train then :)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]There is a deal on which is 4 travel for the price of 2 or so i've been informed.

Correct!

Brings the fare down to about £14.00 each for a group of 4

http://www.southwesttrains.co.uk/SWTrains/Ticketsandprices/Ticket+types/Buying+tickets+on+the+day.htm
  • Options
    thanks chaps...
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    [cite]Posted By: PassItToLeaburn[/cite]Fast train to Southampton from Waterloo only takes about 1hr 10mins (I went to uni there so have done the journey hundreds of times!).

I've now managed to check the times for myself (anybody that mentions they went to uni and tries to give you advice always worries me)...anyway, i thought the nearest station is southampton central (correct me if i'm wrong)...and the train journey seems to take about 2 hours from waterloo...

national rail times seem to be 10.45 depart, 12.53 arrive; 11.05 depart, 13.01 arrive; 11.30 depart, 13.51 arrive; 12.05 depart, 14.01 arrive...forget the trains after that unless you want to do an ambrose...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So i was right..about 2hrs journey time.Bloody students!!!!!