Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Five Live last night

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
Did anyone hear the Coventry v west ham game last night deano was doing the game we must of been mentioned just as much as the two teams involved.

oh yeah and deano siad he said when Carlton used to train with us he was unplayable.

Comments

• i have always maintained that Carlton Cole has the ability to be one of the top English strikers, and i still believe that.
  • watched the game last night, and was impressed by cole!

coventry played some great football and were unlucky to lose. the ref (guess who it was) made some dodgy decisions as well!
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i have always maintained that Carlton Cole has the ability to be one of the top English strikers, and i still believe that.

Agree with that.
  • was kind of what deano was getting at you get the feeling that he stoped hom self saying if Carlton can be bothered.
  • always did have the ability... i also rate him too.

I have a hammer fan here at work and he reckons he's not got a game head.
    He loses concentration and forgets why he is on the pitch... not quite a choker but not a Mark Hughes either.

I'd agree...and I'm not saying he does'nt give it his all, he just doesn't have a "game head" and that goes for when he was with us too...
  • We've a few lads like that, too...... Fortune, Bougherra for example
  • also noticed on talksports coverage that they slated Styles for his whistle happy refereeing of the game. Ring any bells.

I rate Carlton Cole as well shame he's such a
  • edited October 2007
    see comments on coveredend choir
  • I remember Cole giving the Arsenl defence the run around at Highbury a few years back - bags of ability & potential but I suspect a spice boy attitude
  • gave Campbell severe trouble that day. How old is he ? He must only be 23 still ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Ruined Campbell that day, him and Paolo at their best.
  • people forget he was only 19 when with us.Proper centre forward.
  • Worked hard last night, and certainly has ability, but I'd need a lot more convincing about his attitude. Many in the game have questioned it. Great for Deano that after being let down at Pompey, he's still playing at a good level (and above us at the moment!).
  • Carlton Cole has a poor first touch, which loses him the ball way too much in games against any teams that close down quickly.
  • I never thought I'd see so many of you have a love-in for Carlton Cole....!

The reception he got at The Valley when we beat Villa 3-0 a while ago was priceless.
    Every time he touched the ball (about 5 times) he was slaughtered by the crowd.

Now you all want to get intimate. ;o)
  • Oggy, it was me that started the 'you only sweat when you're roasting' chant. One of my better ones. If i can think of anything that slates an opposition player during the game i will, but i still think there is an amazing amount of untapped potential there.
  • ... for football, or roasting?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Ruined Campbell that day, him and Paolo at their best.[/quote]

my boy was mascot that day, very funny watching him do shuttle run warm up with Carlton Cole, Keith Peacock let him do the full warm up with the team as his lips were blue!

2-0 down by the time we took our seats though, nearly went home!!!

Snowed towards the end if memory serves correct