Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nintendo Wii

edited October 2007 in Not Sports Related
Pay day today and trying to get one of these bad boys for the kids for xmas. If anyone see's any anywhere either buy it for me (for those who know and trust me) or drop me a whisper or something.

Don't trust some of the dodgy site I have seen them on this morning.....one says call our customer service line and it's a fella's mobile number!!

Willing to pay upto £300.00

Cheers

Comments

• Game in Bluewater had plenty a little while back when I bought mine (£200 including a game)....make sure you get Tiger Woods golf for yourself mate !
  • Just called Game in Canary Wharf for you mate and they are sold out and don't know when they are getting them in either.

I also looked on the Addtions site and they are sold out too.

If I hear of anywhere I'll let you know. I must admit this is also on my list for Christmas - I know I know - I'm just a big kid!!
  • I'd try via Game as they have a free guarantee/warrantee scheme too...
    at least they did for my xbox.

Try game online too....

http://www.game.co.uk/Wii/Hardware/HardwareBundle/~r332956/Wii-Console-with-Wii-Remote-Wii-Nunchuk-and-FIFA-08/
  • Thanks to all.

I have been on

HMV, currys, comet, dixons, woolworths, game, ToysrUs, argos, shall I go on. I'm looking on ebay shops at the moment. I'll let you all know where I get one.
  • edited October 2007
    It's a nightmare trying to get a Wii. As soon as they're delivered to shops in Bluewater, they're off the shelf. I was lucky. Managed to get one in Vigin last Friday night but only because I was there when they were being delivered. My step-daughter (to be) queued at Game and got one last week but it was a bit of a bundle. If you phone them, 01322-624179, they'll tell you when they're being delivered and it may be possible to put one aside but only if you're going to collect on the same day (well, that's what they told me when I originally enquired).
  • edited October 2007
    Amazon? (Edit: you beat me to it)
  • [cite]Posted By: Hillsys Up[/cite]trying to get one of these bad boys for the kids

we believe you !!

was thinking of getting one for xmas as well. Never knew they were in such demand though. Bit of a step up from my old Commodore 64......

Let me know if you have any luck anywhere mate.

Failing that, i'll come round yours 4pm on Xmas day :-)
  • if all else fails get an Oric-1,theyre the latest thing ive heard
  • £300 eh - might let you have mine, hardly ever play it. ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• If you wanna sell it mate, I'll have it.....whisper me and we can start negotiations...
  • had the same trouble a couple of weeks back, eventually hunted one down at Bexleyheath argos.

There are a few stock checking sites out there that are pretty good for up to date info like:

console stock check
  • edited October 2007
    It's utter b0ll0cks that two Xmas after release they're still in short supply.

Before we finally found one for my boy earlier this year I used this site. It's pretty good and it updates regularly and automatically, albeit it tends to find rather expensive bundles that I couldn't stretch to.

I even had it in Startup items so it came up when the PC booted...how sad! Worth it though.

Wii Real Time Stock Locator
  • A guy at work here has been trying the same for his sprogs...

he reckons GAME is your best bet apparently and they get deliveries on Fridays. You could try reserving one at your local shop...
  • Game online is your best bet if you're willing to spend up to £300

The online game shop gets serviced out of their central warehouse before the stock gets shipped out to their stores. The downside is they will probably make you buy a bundle of 3 games with it which will bump the price up when all anyone is interested in is Wii Sports (untill Zack and Wiki comes out anyway!)

I agree with what is said above, the shortages are disgraceful - dare i say it even done on purpose to keep demand high. It is after all 12months old and based on old gamecube technology so should be easy to turn around quickly...
  • If your willing to hang on a bit, i could get a wii and a game or two for £144 - £165 , with my staff discount.

As soon as they come in i'm sure i could hold back a few, if wanted. I'll find out more info on them today as i have work later )-:
  • you could be about to come very popular Bexleyheath !!
  • you know you're going to get everyone askign you to get one on here now mate!!!

me included!!
  • Not sure where you live Hillsy, but Argos at Ashford has one in stock according to their website

13-15 New Rents
    Ashford
    Kent
    TN23 1LE
  • Sponsored links:

• Rightio, i'll enquire when i go in later. I'll post the details up later.

But they are pretty damn good, played one right my Bro's uni pad, even though i got beaten by my sister in nearly every game i still love the thing! But yeah a step up from the "sega mega drive" lol
  • I boxed my mate and the next day i couldn't lift my arms up! loved it tho. played bowling, baseball and tennis. I'm sure more as well.
  • Boxing is brutal...good excercise tho!
  • Hillsy playing football Manager on there is not the same as the real thing, Spoiler, Carlsberg & ketman are not even players available to buy on the game !
  • I tried to order one through Argos when they were out of stock and they emailed me to tell me when they were back in stock. Ordered and it arrived three days later.
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Not sure where you live Hillsy, but Argos at Ashford has one in stock according to their website

13-15 New Rents
    Ashford
    Kent
    TN23 1LE

Gone....
  • edited October 2007
    [url=http://www.gamestation.co.uk/cat.asp?cat=wii&t=offers
    ]http://www.gamestation.co.uk/cat.asp?cat=wii&t=offers
    [/url]
    try here mate they normally shit hot in getting hold of them - try order online if not there is one in sutton call them if they have one i will gladly pick it up for you -
  • If you find anywhere near me Hillsy i can always pop out
  • Go on Gumtree/ebay and get a WIIKEY modded console. They'll throw in the whole catalogue of games for a few quid on top. You're kid will love you for it.
  • you might want to check dixons.co.uk as I have just got an email saying they are in stock