Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Goals you missed cos you were

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
having a leak, letting someone past, asleep, headbutting someone, too drunk to focus etc
Can say two of those for me, but anyone got any other ones?

Comments

• By the way I don't mean all of those at the same time;)
  • Darren Bent scored one last year (diving header) I think it was against Villa at home just before Half Time, I'd shot down to get a beer. Was quite strange cos I was watching the tele on the concourse which has a 5 second delay so heard the crowd cheer before i even see the goal.
  • i was having a leak when walshie scored a 20yard stunner against, brighton or portvale at upton park,,, years ago....

very annoyed i was..
  • "having a leak, letting someone past, asleep, headbutting someone, too drunk to focus etc"

Missed every goal in the play off final after getting chucked out for headbutting someone (a Charlton fan) 15 minutes in.

Bartletts goal (of the season) against Leicester whilst taking a leak.
  • 17th February 1981. Tuesday night at Turf Moor. Colin Powell scored the only goal of the game after 18 minutes.

Addickted was in the karsey, after too many pints of local brew. :-(
  • Missed the goal on half time away at Shef Weds in the cup a couple of years back, and missed most of this season's pre season goals, re. welling and gills due to alcohol-related issues!
  • One of Bents goals against Spuds
    9 Pints so i needed a pee
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]17th February 1981. Tuesday night at Turf Moor. Colin Powell scored the only goal of the game after 18 minutes.

Addickted was in the karsey, after too many pints of local brew. :-([/quote]

I was only a few weeks old then!
  • Not happened to me, but travelled up to northern Finland for the pre-season a few years back with my mate big Jeff, who managed to miss both charlton goals (or was it just the one, i really can't remember) as he was buying a sausage on a stick (very tasty they were too)....long way to go not to see a goal(s).
  • I've twice missed goals by being late for away games - Reading back in 80 or 81 I think it was - I had a Saturday morning job in a bakery in Belvedere (I was still at school), Dad picked me up, but we got stuck in traffic going across London. Got into ground just after we'd scored our first - think we won 3-1 in the end.

Second time I was living in Glasgow, and due to fly out on holiday from Manchester airport on Sunday. Charlton were away to Grimsby on the Sat, which we decided was 'en route'. Not! If the ground had been in Grimsby, we'd have made it just in time. The extra 10 mins to Cleethorpes and parking up meant we walked into the ground about 2 mins after super Clive scored the only goal of the game - for Grimsby!
  • Sponsored links:

• i remember getting to grimsby late, traffic problems, with threadkiller and as we arrived at the gate/turnstile charlton scored and the steward was trying to rush us in like we'd see it again or something!!
  • Both Goals at Home to Liverpool when we beat them 2-0 Bent Penalty & Young's goal, I was getting the half time beers :-(
  • Missed first goal at Upton Park when Melrose scored after a matter of seconds............
  • Far to many Charlton ones to remember but i also missed RobERT !! Lee's first goal for England as we had been boozing at the Globe all day and nature called at the wrong time.

[cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]"having a leak, letting someone past, asleep, headbutting someone, too drunk to focus etc"

Missed every goal in the play off final after getting chucked out for headbutting someone (a Charlton fan) 15 minutes in.

And i am still the only one who can prove you were there, due to the fact that i have a great picture hanging in my bog!!!!
  • edited October 2007
    I missed all of the first half goals at Carlisle in our 1985/6 promotion game as I was so bladdered and fast asleep on the terrace.
  • On a similar note, my brother missed the wickets of both Gillespie and McGrath for ducks when he nipped off for a slash at Lords at the Natwest Trophy Final against Australia in 2005...

I so hated them two...couldnt help but laugh when he finally got back up to the top tier of the grandstand wondering why the players were back in the pavilion.
  • "Missed every goal in the play off final after getting chucked out for headbutting someone (a Charlton fan) 15 minutes in.

And i am still the only one who can prove you were there, due to the fact that i have a great picture hanging in my bog!!!!"

Nice to know you look at me everytime you take a dump!!
  • [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]

Nice to know you look at me everytime you take a dump!!

its not the dumping i would be worried about!!!
  • NO NO NO !!!
  • i remember a game against Everton at Shitehurst when Graeme Sharp scored an absolute belter - i missed that because I got up late from a bender the nigth before and missed the 1st half.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ever taken a photo?
  • LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO sink!!!!
  • To stop this thread going down the toilet, what did you thing of the Twang Friday mate? And did you see my fat mate go flying on his arse at the end?
  • I hope this is just a flash in the pan...
  • Thought they were great mate, you? got the crowd going. Yeah saw your mate fcuking funny !!!!!!!!!!
    We will have to try and meet up earlier for the Ian Brown gig
  • Yeah defo, to be fair to the monkey man he is going to have to be on good form to top that one Friday.

The support acts were good too, didn't know which was little man tait and which was the other band but they were both worth it. Also good to see the smoking ban being enforced!!
  • I missed the one and only appearance of "Peakies Rocket" just before half time away at Ipswich because I was downstairs queueing for a burger.

GUTTED.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]I missed the one and only appearance of "Peakies Rocket" just before half time away at Ipswich [/quote]

I'm sure there was a Peakey Rocket in the 2nd to last 'home' game at Selhurst, against Newcastle ?
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]I missed the one and only appearance of "Peakies Rocket" just before half time away at Ipswich

I'm sure there was a Peakey Rocket in the 2nd to last 'home' game at Selhurst, against Newcastle ?

I can remember him scoring again, but not with a "Rocket". Apparently the one at Ipswich was a right cannonball - although I wouldn't know about that, obviously. Haven't even seen it on telly since.

(Unless of course it wasn't a rocket at all? Maybe it rolled in off his knee and my mates have just been winding me up for all of these years?!)
  • [cite]Posted By: fazza[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]17th February 1981. Tuesday night at Turf Moor. Colin Powell scored the only goal of the game after 18 minutes.

Addickted was in the karsey, after too many pints of local brew. :-(

I was only a few weeks old then!

Yeh - thanks for that fazza.

I should have just done what you did at the time and just piss where I was laying.