Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

This Seasons New Signings So Far

edited October 2006 in General Charlton
Whilst i have to admit to not being a Dowie fan if you look at most of the signings so
far there do not appear to be any real disasters within the ranks ?
Ok a few have room for improvement but on the whole given time and not forgetting the injured,there does appear to be the foundations of a decent team coming together.Who knows if we have time and make the right addition or two in the transfer window then maybe the future is not to bleak?
All providing we are not dead and buried by Xmas that is!
My gut feeling is that we can pick the points up and have a chance of avoiding the drop.
Keep the faith!

Comments

• Options
    Diawara: success, looking better every game.
    Gibbs: ok not strictly a Dowie signing and anyway he's been out injured...
    Traore: looked ok, but then got injured...
    Faye: a couple of good games, looks as though he'll be ok but prone to the odd poor game...
    JFH: a failure to date, one goal, one assist but moving off the ball and workrate were never his strong points...
    Reid: looks a capable enough footballer, a bit too left footed for my liking (ie doesn't seem to use his right foot), but lacks the ability to be a creative midfielder who can split a defence open.
    Pouso: played 60 minutes, picked up a hamstring injury and has been out for over a month, hmm...
    Carson: looks solid, good handling and positioning, any chance of making the signing permanent?
    Walton: apparently has been superb..but for Ipswich...

Now that Dowie's had a look at his team I think/hope he'll recognise that we need a creative midfielder in there and maybe a forward to replace M Bent and JFH, the last couple of games with Darren Bent looking a tad off-form have shown just how weak we are upfront. A good striker can cover up for a lot of faults elsewhere.
  • Options
    Think you've summed things up pretty well there BFR. A real shame about the disaster that Traore has had so far, as i think he would of been a big player for us this year.