Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Where will we finish?

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
What league position do you thnik we'll finish this season?

- top 2
- play off places
- 7th or lower

?

Comments

• Options
    10th
  • Options
    5th and get in via the back door. Really looking forward to Wembley.
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    play off places.

the standard of football in this league is very poor.how anyone wanted us to get here is still beyond me,but we are here now with a good footballing side and i think over the length of the season pardew will get us up there unless he has jumped ship to a premier league side. the central defence is poor and there aren't many out there that we could afford that would rectify this. (bring back rufus).

we will be fine.
  • Options
    2nd
    i HAVE faith
    ;-) ;-)
  • Options
    5th with a winning run at the end of the season thanks to goals from on loan Nugent from Portsmouth thanks for a good suggestion from reams at rivals.net
  • Options
    1st or 2nd, and all you Peter Panickers will look like crazy fools :-)
  • Options
    play offs
  • Options
    I thought Watford looked thoroughly competent and strong and Pards could do a lot worse than show last nights match to the squad because they performed as a team. eg the sum of the parts....But Watford are far from outstanding.

And when this Charlton team do play to their full potential they are far more attractive. For that to convert into goals and points is for Pards to work on.

2nd.
  • Options
    If we're not in contention come January then Reid, Thomas and possibly ZZ will be off and Mills won't stay on.

If that happens I can see us finishing around halfway, maybe as low as 15th or so.

If we can keep our team together then Pards needs to earn his corn starting now. If he can do that then we should make the top 6.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]1st or 2nd, and all you Peter Panickers will look like crazy fools :-)

If only, AFKA - I'd have no problem looking like a crazy fool (but I'm not called Peter, by the way!)

My sights/hopes are now set on a play off place at best.
  • Options
    First. Every team including watford will go on a run like we have.
  • Options
    2nd
  • Options
    I think 2nd as well
  • Options
    optimistically 2nd, realistically 4th, any lower than a play off place isn't even on my mind!
  • Options
    2nd for me aswell.

Watford look like they have a great balance between work ethic, strength and skill and i think will win it.
  • Options
    Play offs.

Varney and Big Chris will start banging them in again soon!
  • Options
    champions if we get our act together...anywhere if we dont...
  • Options
    I'll stick to my pre-season expectation of top 8. Sincerely hope I'm completely wrong and we get automatic promotion:-)
  • Options
    In & around the Top Six.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I reckon 3rd, think Watford will walk it, one team usually does in this league. We'll miss by a whisker to.........West Brom. Sheff Utd, Bristol and Ipswich other play-off places.
  • Options
    Relegated,were all doomed.
  • Options
    didn't we have a thread like this at the start of the season?
    i think i said 10th then. now maybe a couple of places lower :-(
  • Options
    5th or 6th

don't think we have the quality up front to finish any higher now that Todorov is out unless we get someone in or Dickson comes back and starts to bang them in...
  • Options
    Stick with my pre season top 4 prediction

1 Watford
    2 Wolves
    3 West Brom
    4 Charlton
  • Options
    1st
  • Options
    Above palace.
  • Options
    Hopefully everybody will be above Palace ......
  • Options
    2nd
  • Options
    If a week is a long time in politics,
    it seems an eternity when you've lost 3 matches 'on the spin', as our erstwhile hero Mr Curbishley would say.

But it's only one single week and 3 wretched results.

We'd done more or less okay in the 10 weeks before then.
    And I've no doubt we'll do more or less okay in most of the rest of the season.

Only 33 matches to go.

Automatic promotion place finish - after we've lost at home to Palace.
    I didn't really say that, did I ?

;o)