Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Palace or Watford?

I can't support palarse and so let's hope for a draw?

Can anyone admit to supporting the scum?

Comments

• no way

Warnock has put a 15 year old on thebench tonight - do you think he's trying to tell the other players something.
  • i kept saying all day i want palace to win, but i just can't face it now. A draw for me as well please.
  • I'm with you No 1.

Got to say i'd be happy for Watford to be promoted ( with us of course)

They remind me of us 99/00.
  • nigels are not the scum,millwall and only millwall
  • Watford winning 1-0
  • 15 year old john bostock has made his debut, palace have lost being 2-0 down,just under 14k
  • tell you what,he looked very good
  • and we moan[me included],under 14k,watford would have had a few as well.
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]tell you what,he looked very good

He did - Made the rest of the palarse team look poor - Tangoman looked pissed off so I felt happy that they got done in the end. Watford look like they will probably be up there at the end of the season but with this division who knows.
  • Sponsored links:

• Everyone was saying that about us a month ago VA so like you say who knows!
  • I jumped about the pub like a right eejit when Watford scored and no matter what the bearing on league plcing I cannot ever bring myself to want the scummers to win. Sorry!
  • Anyone see the Palace fan clapping after Watford scored their first?
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I jumped about the pub like a right eejit when Watford scored and no matter what the bearing on league plcing I cannot ever bring myself to want the scummers to win. Sorry!

I agree mate , I NEVER want them to win or draw . Drubbed everytime
  • Just been speakin to a Palace customer of mine,they have another youngster just as good called Victor Moses,maybe it's time for us to concentrate on the youth again.
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]Just been speakin to a Palace customer of mine,they have another youngster just as good called Victor Moses,maybe it's time for us to concentrate on the youth again.

Grant Basey? Harry Arter? Josh Wright?
  • Sorry I'm not going to be anti Palace on this,but they are producing players ready and good enough to play in the first team at 16,17.What I meant was when we produced players who made their debut at that age,Konchesky,Parker,Bowyer,Newton.Or are you to young to remember them times.Christ try to post what I thought was a constructive post and get a sarcastic reply.In this age on prima-donas large wage earning players,some youngsters would be a breath of fresh air.How many promising youngsters have gone on loan never to be seen again,whilst the above may make it to first team level I was thinkin more of the quality of players we seemed to produce 10 years or more ago.
  • Steve, those youngsters 10 or so years ago were only in the team because we had a threadbare squad. Leaburn came into the side far too early in my opinion and it held him back in the end as he was turned into a mock figure.

Bowyer was good enough at the time but lots of them weren't. Parker included when he first came into the team. I'm all for giving youngsters a go and indeed building the side around them but not just for the sake of it.
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]maybe it's time for us to concentrate on the youth again.

Grant Basey? Harry Arter? Josh Wright?

let's hope so but after watching the game again yesterday ,on sky plus, grant basey's delivery wasn't the greatest but he looked reasonably steady defensively albeit against a chaff QPR side who tore us apart.
  • It's not a sarky reply, it's just pointing out that we've got good kids coming through the system, and those 3 are the one who can make themselves first team regulars sooner rather then later.
  • Sponsored links:

• let's hope so it's about time valley gold produced something worthy of note!!
  • In my line of business I deal with youth football,15 years ago everybody and I mean everybody wanted to join Charlton's youth system (pre-academies) I can tell you now,I hear very little positive comments re our youth system and I'm afraid Palace and Millwall seem to be producing better teams and players at youth level?This is probably because we have been in the Premiership,but we aren't any longer and maybe we should look at what helped us in the past and I still believe that a crowd will always react more positively to a home grown player than a prima-dona as you saw on Saturday with Basey.But again that is just my opinion and if we don't go up this year or next we ill have to cut our cloth accordingly anyway.
  • 13 points behind watford , 7 points behind bristol city , 1 point from the play-offs and 8 points from relegation!!
  • just shows apart from Watford (Bristol City ,I think will have blips) anyone can beat anyone.
  • I wouldnt worry about Watford, they beat West Brom at home on Saturday and they could have a nice little 12 point cushion to third spot.

Not bad for early November.

I reckon the bookies will be paying me out in time for me to spend it in Blackpool :)
  • latest prices on betfair to win it watford 6-5 west brom 5-1wolves 11-1 bristol city 16-1charlton 19-1 palace 300-1
  • Just under 10,500 'through the turnstiles' for them last night.

So under 10,000 Palace fans actually bothered to attend for a home league game.

£45m Jordan? You're having a laugh.
  • [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]Just under 10,500 'through the turnstiles' for them last night.

So under 10,000 Palace fans actually bothered to attend for a home league game.

£45m Jordan? You're having a laugh.

On TV, expensive, not doing well, midweek, Hallowen expenses coming up. Oh, sorry I remember Palace fans don't make excuses like that do they.

Addickted, what's the Palace view on Warnock? is he still the "dream" ticket?
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]Just been speakin to a Palace customer of mine,they have another youngster just as good called Victor Moses,maybe it's time for us to concentrate on the youth again.

We do have some good kids coming through here and overseas. Wright and Basey have played league games, Solly is an England International. Who knows if these Palace kids (or ours) will make it? Watson and Soares were meant to be great players and don't hear much about them now.

Playing the kids at 15 means that they are more likely to sign a pro-contract and that if another clubs comes in for them then the tribunial is likely to set a higher fee for them.

Not that anyone at Palace would be that cynical, of course.
  • edited October 2007