Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Germans at The Valley

I have convinced four German students from Hanover that Charlton is the real premier team to support in london as opposed to Arsenal, Chelsea etc.

They wanted to know if it would be safe to bring their (German) tri-colour flags with them. I told them they would be made most welcome. I have also told them of the many pubs in the surrounding area.

I hope I've done the right thing, Sat Nov 04 v Manchester City could be a bad day Maybe I'll steer them clear of the Coach & Horses and head towards the Oak.

Comments

• Being serious here mate, depending on where you intend sitting I'd maybe tell them to leave the flags at home. It wouldn't bother me, but some of our ............. er ............ shall we say "less bright" fans might not quite get it.

I can remember an incident in the old covered end about eight or nine years ago when some "boys" turned up to sort out a bunch of foreign students near me because they thought they were away fans. We managed to put them right, but only just about in time!
  • I'd offer my services as a translator..but they probably speak better Engklish than most...

Tell them to bring their flags...
  • They speak better Engklish than I do.
    They've bought tickets for the lower north
  • they would be more than welcome i am sure.it's not as though we haven't got any international players.
  • Just don't mention the war!!

sorry could't resist......
  • Here's Hannover 96's English website if anyone is interested:

http://www.96soccer.com/

Currently play in Bundesliga 1 and managed by Dieter Hecking, currently in a relegation place...
  • PW, they will be fine. If they want a drink, lead them to the oak, bugle, or RoD.

Get them down, and then get em signed up on here !

We'll soon have them hooked !