Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL Europe - Wembley

edited October 2007 in Not Sports Related
Is anyone actually going to watch this "game"?

Does anyone actually know what the rules are?!!

Comments

• Options
    we've seen all this hype so many times before, it is all rather tedious now. think they ought to give up trying to convert the rest of the world to their rugby with body armour and carry on enjoying it themselves.
  • Options
    it's even more boring than F1.....
  • Options
    I'm not going, however with regards to the game once you get your head round the rules it is quite interesting to watch. I got into it years ago when a US college player came over to the uk and taught a load of us how to play.
  • Options
    I used to be quite keen on AF when much younger. It is a very tactical game that is almost akin to a battle. Love a good stat me, and the game is loaded with them - football (our sort) caught onto this much later.

Don't watch it at all now, but like most sports, if you give it some time and get an understanding of it/play it you can get into them.
  • Options
    I used to go to wembley for all the london monarchs games and was well into it . Must admit to watching it again now it's on sky and although I know all the basics of how it's played it can still be quite confusing at times .

Will defo sky plus the match on sunday and watch it back after .
  • Options
    went to watch a London Monachs game once (remember them ?)

Bored the pants off me, so stop - start you would not believe.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    so stop - start you would not believe.[/quote]

Imagine how much worse it'd be if they had Rob Styles reffing then?
  • Options
    lol, you'll love this:

NFL Star: Londoners Speak English?
    Updated: 11:31, Friday October 26, 2007

Miami Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder has admitted not knowing people speak English in London.

The NFL player might want to check a map before he gets on board a plane for Sunday's prestige game against the New York Giants at Wembley Stadium.

Crowder, who comes from Atlanta in Georgia, may be praised on the field, but confessed geography was not his strong point.

He admitted he did not know until now where London was - or that Londoners spoke English.

"I couldn't find London on a map if they didn't have the names of the countries," he said.

"I swear to God. I don't know what nothing is. I know Italy looks like a boot. I learned that."

Crowder added: "I know (Washington Redskins linebacker) London Fletcher. We did a football camp together. So I know him.

"That's the closest thing I know to London. He's black, so I'm sure he's not from London. I'm sure that's a coincidental name."

The Miami Dolphins are play the New York Giants at Wembley this Sunday in the first NFL regular-season game to be played outside the United States.
  • Options
    Ha ha that is shocking! Most Americans though know absolutely nothing about what goes on outside their own country.
  • Options
    i will be there with the mrs. leaving cardiff 9am should be at wembley 1ish park next to stadium (work premises) back home around midnight. after ice hockey and football this is my third fav sport.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    NugNug
    edited October 2007
    You think that's bad check this out (sorry if it's already been posted!)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww
  • Options
    I sometimes see the local kids being coached Canadian Football (no idea what the difference is) on the field next to ours during our soccer training - their training seems to consist of hour upon hour of standing around while the coach shouts a them, interspersed by the odd 10 second bundle.

The beauty of our game is that 4 or 5 kids can play football down the park or in the street & have a proper time utilising all the skills you need to play the game but how do you play American Football down the local park after school -the kids would need full body armour, TV cameras all over the place, an officially marked out pitch, those funny caps with headsets & mics, cheerleaders & half a ton of burgers/fries before they even start?
  • Options
    Spot on Oakster.

Personally, can't stand Yankball.
  • Options
    Just a load of fat bastards running into each other and few thinner blokes that can run fast.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]Just a load of fat bastards running into each other and few thinner blokes that can run fast.
    Lol, That sounds like the last sunday league team I played for. :)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]

He admitted he did not know until now where London was - or that Londoners spoke English.

"I couldn't find London on a map if they didn't have the names of the countries," he said.

"I swear to God. I don't know what nothing is. I know Italy looks like a boot. I learned that."

Does MCS have any American cousins : - )
  • Options
    The pitch got ruined last night as well, which is going to cause problems with the Croatia game in a couple of weeks.

Might have to re lay it again this week
  • Options
    this is the funniest thread yet for me...

taking the piss out if the yanks is like shooting fish in a barrel.

ha ha ha ha ha

and that blond chick from south carolina. I'm sure i've met her Enlgish twin in Harlow back in the day...
  • Options
    I was told by a Yank back in 97 that he thought I spoke good English whilst on holiday in Florida....so nothing surprises me really. As for the game itself, well I dont mind watching the highlights.....bit like cricket in that respect :-) Unless of course we are playing the Aussies, then I feel its my duty to watch :-)