Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bent buy-back scheme

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
Seeing as Benty is getting some pretty rave reviews from the spurs faithful (arf,arf) and his value is fading faster than S Jordan's sun tan, what are the chances of us re-signing the goal machine in the summer for our new prem campaign?

Reckon £3-4 mill would do it.

Comments

• Options
    couldn't we loan him for this season ?
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited October 2007
    don't be ridiculous.

(that was to leaburn, not you large!)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]couldn't we loan him for this season ?
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]don't be ridiculous.

Yeah LA.We don't need him this season.We've got izzy Mcloud
  • Options
    1.) £3-4m would not get Bent back even if Spurs have only paid £3m so far
    2.) He would not drop down the division no matter how "nice" we think he is
    3.) Spurs will not sell
    4.) Don't be ridiculous
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]1.) £3-4m would not get Bent back even if Spurs have only paid £3m so far
    2.) He would not drop down the division no matter how "nice" we think he is
    3.) Spurs will not sell
    4.) Don't be ridiculous

bloody spoilsport !!
  • Options
    At present, i suspect we couldn't afford to loan Bent's car for a season, let alone him !!
  • Options
    Spurs haven't actually handed over too much cash to us for him so far....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]Spurs haven't actually handed over too much cash to us for him so far....

Can't blame em' really. He has been pretty poor.

Do we even want him back. ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]Spurs haven't actually handed over too much cash to us for him so far....

Can't blame em' really. He has been pretty poor.

Do we even want him back. ;-)

nah, I'd rather have Lisbie back. He's young, hungry for success and different class to Benty plus we should be able to get him for around a mill as Col U are a selling Club.
  • Options
    There was a rumour that Jol never wanted DB and the decision came from above, a bit like Parker and Chelsea.

It would actually make sense considering the striker they already had.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought there was a rule that a player could not play for the team he had left for a year. Not too sure.
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]I thought there was a rule that a player could not play for the team he had left for a year. Not too sure.

Think it's you can't play for three teams in 12 months so wouldn't effect DB.

Think they have and to Ipswich as well.
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]At present, i suspect we couldn't afford to loan Bent's car for a season, let alone him !!

Not unless Spurs let him to us and paid all his wages.

Time to move on. Great player and decent guy but he plays for Spurs now. Let's hope Izele and Luke can reach the same heights.
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Time to move on. Great player and decent guy but he plays for Spurs ocassionally now.

edited for accuracy
  • Options
    lol