Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Plymouth at home.....

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
probably one of the most boring fixtures i can ever remember.

At Upton Park, a turgid 0-0 on the same day as the Grand National. Can distinctly remember halfway through the 2nd half the North Bank singing 'stayed in the pub, we should of stayed in the pub'

Comments

• Options
    can't remember this one but did mark fiore play for them then, i used to live down the road to him and i'm sure a few from eltham green school would have known him/heard of him
  • Options
    Was Peter Shilton in goal for them that day?
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Was Peter Shilton in goal for them that day?

His debut as player/manager. All of 6,780 there to watch it and I can't remember it at all. Must have been very dull.

Fiore came off the bench.
  • Options
    Carl Llewellyn rode Party Politics to win the National at 14/1, if that prompts anyone !
  • Options
    all I remember about that game was Shilton screaming abuse at his back four all game long
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    excuse me for my lack of trainspotter type football knowledge but why are they called Argyle? Some sweaties get lost way back?

Well??
  • Options
    come on?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Carl Llewellyn rode Party Politics to win the National at 14/1, if that prompts anyone !

That would have been 1992 then.
  • Options
    I remember a game at selhurst when we battered them and a bloke called Dave Walter was in goal,saved everything and we lost 1-0 i think Nicky Marker scored