Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

One further thing on the away fans thing

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
Plymouth will have between 1,200 - 1,500 at the Valley tomorrow night, great turnout.

Somewhere between half to two thirds of that though will be made up of exiles living in and around London. Oggy i'm sure will tell us that the amount of exiles we have living down Devon in total you could count on both hands.

That's why we can never make these away comparisions directly with other clubs.

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2007
    1200, thats some going,cant see it myself,so far the away support has been quite poor.
  • Options
    Always remember playing the ARGYLE,night game just before xmas, we won and a few of the plymouth boys came into the covered end and a peace offering of cider was accepted, we won, top lads and some good banter.
  • Options
    An Argyle fella I work with is going. They've got loads of fans up this way.
  • Options
    Its been said before that the turnout of fans London grounds can't be compared with London fans travelling elsewhere, I'd hedge my bets that every team outside of london has a london based supporters club but there won't be a supporters club for london clubs in the respective towns. It might be a bit jibberish but i know what i mean! Like AFKA said its not a true reflection.
  • Options
    maybe if charlton relocated to plymouth we could then have impressive away turn outs for the london matches.....
    i mean the turn outs for spurs and chelsea in recent years have been pretty poor to say the least... yeah i know it's expensive but i don't think they charged us more than all the other clubs who seem to be able to sell more for these games
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    APFSCIL have members clubs from most of the CCC.

Plymouth's London branch has over 500 paid up members and there are bound to be other PAFC fans in the capital who aren't members just as most Charlton fans aren't in the supporters' club.

http://www.apfscil.org.uk/
  • Options
    Plus I reckon its a new ground for most of them, only time I ever remember playing them was in the Selhurst/UptonPark days.

I would have thought that we will take a few down there as well.

Palace had nearly 1400 at Blackpool on Saturday, doesnt make our Wolves turnout look very good :(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Plus I reckon its a new ground for most of them, only time I ever remember playing them was in the Selhurst/UptonPark days.

I would have thought that we will take a few down there as well.

Palace had nearly 1400 at Blackpool on Saturday, doesnt make our Wolves turnout look very good :(
    we'll have more than that at Blackpool, about 100 of my mates want to make a weekend of it! ;-)
  • Options
    agreed we'll match that Blackpool figure.

The Warnock factor alone would of tempted quite a few of those Stripeys.
  • Options
    Blackpool will bring loads out, probably a fair few Nigels having stag do's up there etc etc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am going to Blackpool. Also taking wifey, mother-in-law, her fella, sister-in-law and her fella

6 of us making a weekend of it but strangely I couldn't tempt them into coming to Wolverhampton last week!!
  • Options
    Palace had nearly 1400 at Blackpool on Saturday, doesnt make our Wolves turnout look very good :([/quote]
    we'll have more than that at Blackpool, about 100 of my mates want to make a weekend of it! ;-)[/quote]

I dont think you get much more than that due to building works at the mo
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Blackpool will bring loads out, probably a fair few Nigels having stag do's up there etc etc

Nigel's don't get married as a rule. They stay at home and live with mummy.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]Palace had nearly 1400 at Blackpool on Saturday, doesnt make our Wolves turnout look very good :(
    we'll have more than that at Blackpool, about 100 of my mates want to make a weekend of it! ;-)[/quote]

I dont think you get much more than that due to building works at the mo[/quote]
    smarty pants
  • Options
    Blackpool falls just after my birthday so I'll have a fair few all up there making a weekend of it.
  • Options
    So what will the crowd be tonight if Plymouth have 1500-2000?
  • Options
    I'm in Surfers Paradise the day of Blackpool away. Oh well .....