Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Transfer window time and promotion is possible. WE have around 4 million to spend. Who do we buy

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
I would like another CB and I think another midfielder.

I am clueless as to who to get at the back but in midfield I liked the left footed chap that played for Barnsley -(Number 8 I think - Name escapes me now)) or maybe Lee Hendrie.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Earnshaw coming to the Valley too.

Comments

• Options
    commanding centre back, wide man, and then maybe a left back in that order pls.
  • Options
    Yeates from Colchester would do nicely. 5 goals, all from free kicks
  • Options
    well pards's dabblings in the transfer market where centre halves are involved for us are pretty tame so far , i mean bougy and mcCarthy are hardly setting the place alight ...still third time lucky or is sodje his 3rd attempt
  • Options
    What makes you think they have £4m to spend or is it an 'if we had £4m' question?
  • Options
    Sodje looks OK-ish IMO - not outstanding but a good squad player - however I agree we need a commanding centre back who can orchestrate at the back.

Someone in the Colin Pates / Joe McLaughlin / Tommy Caton mould
  • Options
    There must be a Simon Webster/Dave Shipperley type out there somewhere...agree we need another left back too...as for who......no idea! See if Moo2 has a mate? :-)
  • Options
    Joe McLAUGHlin - YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!!!!!!
  • Options
    4 MILLION YOUR HAVIN A LAUGH
  • Options
    I thought Joe McG was a pretty decent defender but then I was young and impressionable!

I also think £4m is not too far off the mark - especially seeing as we might get a little bit coming in for M Bent and/or Jerome Thomas
  • Options
    I hve no idea where this £4m figure is coming from, but i think its a lot safer to say that come January, we are probably likely to be net sellers than net buyers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]I hve no idea where this £4m figure is coming from, but i think its a lot safer to say that come January, we are probably likely to be net sellers than net buyers.

Buy: Danny Mills.

Sell: Darren Ambrose.
  • Options
    I reckon we should entice Steve Brown and Phil Chappel out of retirement...