Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Racon

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
Pards bigging him during the week, saying how brilliant he was, yet wasn't in the squad.

Couple of home games the right time to reintroduce the likes of him and Moo2 ?

Comments

• Options
    I can't understand it either, surely he's worth more away from home than bloody Ambrose.

And where's Thatcher??

Sir Chris's batteries aren't Duracell ffs!
  • Options
    Thatcher is responding very slowly to treatment apparently.

For me, the team has looked a little underwhelming in the last couple of games. Given that we have a strong squad, time has come to look at a few more of the players.

Firstly I'd like to see Racon given a start. I'd also like to see Moo2 given a go although not at the expense of Danny Mills. What about playing him as a right winger?
    I have not been massively impressed with Varney and I cannot really see why we can't go back to Big Chris and Tody with maybe Varney coming on as a substitute.

I'd love to see Racon and Reidy together in midfield. It is important that somebody gets hold of the ball in midfield and can release Reid from the shackles which an organised team like Wolves applied yesterday.
  • Options
    Agree with Bing's thinking, I really rate the Racoon, thought he had bags of skill and energy....Think Moo2 could do a job in place of Sam against Plymouth. Probably time to mix it up a bit up front, maybe re-shuffle the midfield and give ZZ a run next to Big Chris in a 442 format at home, with Toddy coming on 2nd half to freshen it up?
  • Options
    Mills to left back Moo2 at right.
    Boogie is sick so looks like Fortune and Sodje in the centre
    Ambrose crocked so bring on Racon - I agree he looks class -other option (more likely) will be to bring on Thomas
    Varney was not impressive at Wolves - kept running the wrong channels - not reading the plays. Maybe time to put Toddy back in he was doing well until dropped.
  • Options
    "Mills to left back Moo2 at right.
    Boogie is sick so looks like Fortune and Sodje in the centre
    Ambrose crocked so bring on Racon - I agree he looks class -other option (more likely) will be to bring on Thomas
    Varney was not impressive at Wolves - kept running the wrong channels - not reading the plays. Maybe time to put Toddy back in he was doing well until dropped. "

I agree with almost all of the above I think - ARE YOU ME!!

Racon could be a real gem - just like Semedo and Moo2

Weaver
    Mills - Fortune - Sodje - Basey
    Moo2 - Racon - Semedo - Reidy (c)
    Iwelumo - ZZ

Sadly I think this is an Away fixture lineup
  • Options
    out of touch in Scotland this week , don't know much about the Wolves game, but the comment about Varney "running the wrong channels" is spot on for me so far and I wanted to drop him for the Wolves game. I know he has scored a couple, but I think it is time to give McLeod or Toddy a game, although I accept the criticism that playing Iwelumo and Toddy will leave us lacking pace, but I don't think Varney gives us much either, he certainly doesn't seem to have that turn of pace that McLeod has.

Can't wait for Sam to come back on Saturday!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]out of touch in Scotland this week

That's no excuse, Salad - some of us have to cope with that all the time!!
  • Options
    can't get to pc or even tv very often