Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Football betting.....

picking up from Southend's post, how many of you regularly have a bet on football ? Do you have a set routine, 3 homes, accumulator etc ? How do you do it, online or fill out the bookies sheets ?

Anyone back their predictions from the predictions league ?

Comments

• always betting....love a saturday bet but generally don't follow a routine, depends on who I fancy really, but will normally do some sort of £10/£20 accumilator...normally bet with my mate who 'runs a book' in the pub so therefore telephone bets with him are fine..;o)

decent pre-season bet was Pompy outside the top 4....got them at 12/1 and backed them e/w, so basically they need to finish top 7 in the prem
  • every week do an accumulator, few quid on
  • Same here every week -

Ladbrokes - Millionaire £2 and then a accumilator of some sort
  • Always fritter away a few quid at Ladbrokes at The Valley (and the away equivalent).

Usually half time Charlton Full Time Oppo and vice Versa (pays 25/1 ish). Usually comes in at least 3 or 4 times a season (Charlton v Sheff Wed so far)

Probably do an accumulator once a month but having a phone account I find I am getting into the habit of betting a couple of quid here and there to make the day interesting.

Too patriotic (idiotic) for my own good though. Always back England to win a major tournament (if we get there). Did £50 e/w on us to win the World Cup 06.

Stop laughing.
  • always have an accumulator

had one last saturday for the internationals

£1 on and wholet me down for £165 them sheep shagging welsh mugs. Had them down for the draw.
  • Yep regular weekend football bet, mainly acc bets but this season
    been betting on German football especially the over 2.5 goals per game.
    Been more sucessful with that format than with just straight home/aways.
  • I try to do a 5 game accumulator for a tenner and then a stupid 2 from each section one for a quid each week, get some silly odds on them but all I need is one to come off! Used to do result and scorer for homegames but i've stopped seeing as last one that won was El Karkouri and to beat Birmingham 3-1 when he scored that stupid goal from the half way line. Their defender forget who it was hit the post nearly an own goal on about 90 minutes and I was the only one happy I think. That's when I realised I didn't want my team to score which was a tad strange so gave that lark up!
  • I have the occassional punt - nothing major though.

Always used to have Herman for first and anytime goalscorer and then just pick and chose anything else I fancy based on the odds.

Incidently, Gonzalo Sorondo is 40/1 with Bet 365 to score the first goal at Wolves today. Finger on the pulse or what!
  • i do my correct score predictions from here, in a trixie (any 2 from 3), purely through the fear of them coming in.
    also have small bets with big odds on live matches to add a bit of intrest (today arteta to score in both halves 66/1. ronaldo to win a penalty 22/1).
  • [cite]Posted By: uppernorth.Ian[/cite]
    been betting on German football especially the over 2.5 goals per game.
    Been more sucessful with that format than with just straight home/aways.

should be quids in this week then. 5 out of the 6 games yesterday had more than 2.5 goals.

and 2 out of my 3 score predictions came in paying 38/1. :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• so what are people's top tips for the weekend ?
  • back charlton to beat QPR on betfair at 1.56 meaning for £10 bet you win £5.60 minus a bit of betfair commission..... BUYING MONEY!
  • everton, west brom and watford.
    treble pays 6/1 on bluesquare.
  • During my days as an employee of a certain bookmaker (10 years ago, now), Football was by far the biggest winner for the company.

It was generally down to people getting carried away and doing 5+ team accumulators, or the one or two per section bets.

Those who kept it simple (Singles, doubles and trebles) won far more often.
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]back charlton to beat QPR on betfair at 1.56 meaning for £10 bet you win £5.60 minus a bit of betfair commission..... BUYING MONEY!

see oohaah. that's what you get for being optimistic!
  • [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]everton, west brom and watford.
    mystic meg PBS i hope you're on that treble unfortunately/fortunately with my views i've given up betting for the moment....
    anyway looks like palace get a draw tonight then zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • am on it oohaah.
    though like you garaunteed our defeat saturday, i fear i have given warnock his 1st victory tonight.
  • standard zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]everton, west brom and watford.
    nice work PBS don't forget to put your next money making scheme on here on friday!
  • Like the fixed odds at a weekend. 6 team accumlator.

Only one thing i avoid is betting on us. If i do have a moment of weakness and bet on us, we don't win.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]everton, west brom and watford.
    nice work PBS don't forget to put your next money making scheme on here on friday!

after being prompted by oohaah, i hereby lose any betting credibility (ala kieran brown's horse tips) by posting my weekend bet.

villa, newcastle and spurs (YES SPURS).
    treble pays just under 13/2 on bluesq.
  • i did say i was sorry about my Tips.....
  • away treble - Sunderland, Pompey and Derby
    170/1!!!
  • Mate got back about £400 from Sodge first goal on Sat.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Mate got back about £400 from Sodge first goal on Sat.

nice
    what price was he?
  • 28s i think
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]28s i think

next game they'll slash him to 18-1 or so