Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Worst burgers at a football ground....

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
...or something equally exciting :-)

Worst one i've ever had sadly was at The Valley, frozen in the middle. Asked for chips as well and the Chinese guy said 'cheese n onion, plain or salt n vinegar'

Best fat burger ever is over at Welling. No thrills, grease galore and packed with fried onions. Luverly !!

(DJ Davey and bc_addick might want to give this thread a miss) !!

Comments

• Options
    Cambridge. The local council banned onions because of the smell.........

Best food. Cornish pastie at Plymouth. Circa 1974/5
  • Options
    Agreed about the burgers at Welling. Quality!
  • Options
    I got a pie before the game at Watford last year that was so hot I was still taking nibbles out of it approaching half time - although my tounge had been burnt like an albino in the desert by then. Was so hot I couldn't even tell what flavour it was.
  • Options
    Pies at the old Ewood were the nuts........
  • Options
    Im a pie rather than burger man.

Best pies Wigan and Blackburn (actually Blackburn is a little pie shop near that big pub)

My cousin had a burger at Palace 3 years ago and took it back it was so bad. Cold and Cardboard like.
  • Options
    The steak pies at Ibrox are lovely...
  • Options
    The pies at Maine Road were lush
  • Options
    Delia's pies at Norwich were top draw.
  • Options
    The hot dogs you used to get at welling were great jumbo sausage in half a french loaf!I also remember the crunchy onions going down well at swindon.The worst i've ever tasted was at Roker Park it was supposed to be a pie a small stone cold piece of meat in pastry that resembled cardboard.
  • Options
    I have to say that the pies are COventry were pretty good as well - Square Pie!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Worst Brentford

Warm Cardboard

Best Ibrox
  • Options
    Don't normally eat at football but Villa Park stands out as being something exceptionally turgid for burgers.

Best was at Bristol City when I was working that way early 2000, went to see them against in a mickey mouse cup game.
  • Options
    Remember having a great chicken balti pie at Villa the year we went down...but I had been drinking since 8am on the train up, so I may have been mistaken.

The Peacock (I think) outside Elland Road was good in a bizarre way...they heated up pork pies and served them with mushy peas....we were the only Charlton in there (got there at opening time) - as we kept drinking we didn't really notice it filling up wth Leeds as it got closer to kick off time....surprisingly, was good natured banter, ending up with the whole pub singing at us as we sat there with our pints and pork pies....
  • Options
    Pies at Naycastle are pretty good

with the added bonus that you can work up an appetite just by getting up there.
  • Options
    Burger at new Wembley was top notch, as was the price!
  • Options
    Burger at Spurs a few years back was awful, asked for no cheese, low and behold i got cheese told him I didnt want cheese so he scraped it off its was a disgrace. Needless to say I haven't had a burge at Spurs since!
  • Options
    Bristol City draw in the FA cup years ago, cup of tea and Burger were rubbish, cold and tasteless and me and loads of trouble after. I was so pleased when we did them at home.
  • Options
    anywhere that sold boiled 'Westlers Burgers'

Made me go veggie
  • Options
    Best pies foe me
    Hibernian(scotch pie)
    Wigan, had a pie before going in and a pie at half time, both excellent.
    macclesfield town, lovely hot potato bloody excellent with a cup of bovril as well.
  • Options
    Best burgers and sausages used to be Walton & Hersham - they offered a fine up market selection.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When played Reading away at elm park,last game of the season a few years ago,when it got very naughty.As the women serving burgers turned to get some buns,Bod grabbed about 5 burgers in his hand,they tasted quite nice as we didn't pay for them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]The pies at Maine Road were lush

seconded.

also the chips with curry 'gravy' at tranmere hits the spot.

worst = difficult to pick 1, but if pushed would have to be chelsea about 10 years ago. i volunteered to do the half time burger/tea run for me and 3 mates. result 4 x burgers + 4 x teas = nearly £18. cant remember what they tasted like as i was in a state of shock.
  • Options
    If we are talking about inside the ground then the worst has to be Wolves yesterday as there weren't any.....;-)
  • Options
    the balti pies at the supporters club at Walsall, on the night of the Pringle miss

i used to know many of the main players in the pie manufacturing business
  • Options
    Cheese and onion pasties at Bradford 98/99 season i think. The absolute nuts and the highlight of the day.
  • Options
    i had an orange burger at grimsby in the early 90s that bounced about 6 times when i dropped it on the terrace.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Gump[/cite]The steak pies at Ibrox are lovely...[/quote]

too right - bet they tasted even better saturday