Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Worst Fans

2»

Comments

• Options
    Walsall away in the 70's.. Was that when we got there really early and walked into their end only to get run out at about ten to three???? Seemed to remember getting a clump and then leaping over the wall behind the goal. Seem to also recall we won 1-0 with Arthur Horsefield scoring.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: badger[/cite]Home - Chelsea,spurs,Leeds
    Away - Wallsall,wolves,bristol city

also would include PNE,Blackpool,Plymouth and cardiff.

....Walsall away when we were first relegated to Div 3 (in real money) brings back memories!

that walsall game was a bit lively..there was a load of us down the side of the ground seperated from their fans by railings that didn't stop stuff flying both ways and another load obviously in their end where it kicked off big time...we were all about 18/19 i think (an average age about that time it always seemed) and they seemed to be all a lot older and up for it...
  • Options
    Walsall continued.....

I think we were on our way back from the match on the Lewis Coach and it kicked off at the service station (north side) when some of our lads were attacked by Coventry/Everton? with knives and hatchets - there were a few of our lads found they had stabs wounds on the backs and back of legs when journeying home on the coach. Cant remember their names but one might have been called mick who wore the white butcher's coat.
  • Options
    :-) I remember the bloke in the butchers coat...he "borrowed" my mate's Charlton mug against Preston to clout one of there fans who dared to come into the covered end. Peterborough away in about 76/77 I got the late train.....the boys got the early train and ransacked Peterborough...leaving just 6 of us to walk the High St at about 2.30pm...needless to say when about 100 Peterborough fans appeared and saw us walking up the road, it was game over....I ended up in a shoe shop window. Bloke in front of me got bottled, so I guess I got off lightly. Most of the away games in the 70's were a bit lively...but really remember Cardiff at the Valley in 77 and Forest in 78ish....it really went off against both. And seem to remember a bit of fun and games up at Chesterfield when we were in there end.....
  • Options
    Chesterfield....remember waiting for the train back and looking at the dodgy spire.
  • Options
    Is this the Cardiff game when one Cardiff bod jumped on to the pitch and ran to the center circle and stuck in a Cardiff flag??

Only for him to get run back into the south stand??

Or is this a myth?
  • Options
    Dont recall that happening at the game I went to mate....they had just got promoted if Im right, they had a lot of fans up for the game, they tried to have a go at the Covered end before the game and at half time, it all went off behind the pylon, then they chased the Boyo's around the ground for 45 minutes.....hats off to them, they came back for afters, when the game had ended......massive brawl in the tunnel, then they got chased back to their coaches all the way down the main road. Not that I was involved of course ;-)
  • Options
    Worst fans I have seen at the Valley?
    Charlton ones who couldn't even be bothered to stay and salute their team after they had just beaten the then Champions of Europe. Feb 2006 I think.....