Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pitchside presentation to Demelza - Update and request

2»

Comments

• Options
    ScoSco
    edited October 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I'll start a song. Whisper me or Carlsberg any suggestions.

CharltonLife, sink the thread, absolutely PC
    Board goes down, do some work
    Hope the boss didn't see me
  • Options
    Do you think I can wear my ear rings Sco or will I look like a Pirate in the Photos...ahar ! :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Do you think I can wear my ear rings Sco or will I look like a Pirate in the Photos...ahar ! :-)

Nowt wrong with being a pirate unless you want to win a girl's heart. We pirates take 'em not win 'em. Ahar!

Feel free to show whatever ring you like, but bear in mind that it might be quite chilly.
  • Options
    no caps allowed!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Steve I am happy to dis-appoint you, never go to a game without my CAFC Baseball cap. :-)
  • Options
    don't show your father up on this important occasion!!
  • Options
    Just had the running order through - Presentation to Demelza taking place at 7.45 (before the match).

Dave.
  • Options
    Right you lot, make sure you're all in your seats by 7.45.

And if you're gonna throw plastic bottles, make sure the tops are taken off :-)
  • Options
    And how much do i want to bump into Ian Holloway.

If ever there is a sucker to fall for the fake 'Lovejoy' handshake, it is him !!
  • Options
    The Miami dolphin cheerleaders are in London promoting some game and they are at palace tonight on the pitch

We've got the Sidcup Massives
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If it wasn't for the fact that a childrens charity was involved and irony would probably be lost me and other reprobates would have been giving a Ronaldo-esque reception to you load of glory hunters!!

Fair play lads and ladettes, I'll give you the a clap
  • Options
    The Miami dolphin cheerleaders are in London promoting some game and they are at palace tonight on the pitch

You haven't even seen our dance routine yet !!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite][i]The Miami dolphin cheerleaders are in London promoting some game and they are at palace tonight on the pitch

We've got the Sidcup Massives[/i]

You haven't even seen our dance routine yet !![/quote]

You being so tall, how far can you get you leg up?
  • Options
    right up to your mush if this heightest bullying continues.....
  • Options
    Oh Dear, Really not looking forward to this, not only will I have Charlton Lifers taking the rise, got two of my sisters in attendance to see this as well. Still I am sure my Dad will get a good laugh out of this. Any gesturing at me from the North Upper will be met with the appropriate response.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]The Miami dolphin cheerleaders are in London promoting some game and they are at palace tonight on the pitch

You haven't even seen our dance routine yet !!

I can assure you - that you will be the only one of us doing that routine!!

Jeez being a no smoking stadium now I think i might put a patch on tonight to calm the nerves!!!!!

;o)
  • Options
    is it true that they are going to put the handover up on the big screen so we can all see you in close up.

Make sure you floss before you go on.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Make sure you floss before you go on.[/quote]

And don't forget your teeth as well !!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    So did it all come across ok ?

Very nerve wracking being so close to the action that close to kick off. Couldn't really hear at the time what the PA guy was reading out, so hope it come out clear.

The Chief Executive of Demelza was a lovely guy, and genuinely grateful for all our efforts. He found it staggering we did so well, and wanted to pass on thanks to every single person who contributed.

Well done everyone. Shame the game was a bit of a downer, but i know those of us down on the pitch felt very proud to be representing everyone off here.
  • Options
    I was pissed off Bart was expecting one of them really big cheques like 4 ft by 2 ft things and you bowl up with an A3 sized one. :-)

Went really well and plugged this site big time so should get a few new members/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is there enough time to have the presentation covered in saturday's programme?
  • Options
    Well done chaps and chappettes!

I thought one of you would nobble Warrington Pete:-)
  • Options
    I'm not playing that bloody 3 blokes song again, first time it's played at the Valley and we lose - It's all Jonny Macs fault!
  • Options
    Missed it,how much was the kite for?.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: badger[/cite]Missed it,how much was the kite for?.

they made the dummy cheque out for £22,000. Hopefully we'll be able to get a pic up on here soon.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: badger[/cite]Missed it,how much was the kite for?.

As an aside,

I've used the" kite" phrase but where does it come from????
  • Options
    isn't 'kiting' when you give over a cheque knowing it will bounce?
    may be something to do with that.
  • Options
    kiting was when you opened two bank accounts Pay a cheque from the first one into the second knowing it would bounce. You'd then carry on opening accounts and paying in cheques until you get to the stage where you can draw the money, either in cash or goods, leaving a series of bounced cheques and unauthorised overdrafts.

Not that I've ever done such a thing :)

Of course nowdays electronic banking has made this practice more difficult to do.

Back to the cheque...

Good work by all concerned.