Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reid in doubt for Ireland tonight

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/internationals/7047648.stm

Andy Reid is a fitness worry for the Republic of Ireland ahead of their Euro 2008 qualifier against Cyprus at Croke Park on Wednesday night.

Reid produced a magnificent performance in central midfield against Germany but is battling an ankle injury and played no part in Tuesday's training session.

He faces a late fitness test with Wolves player Darren Potter his likely replacement if he fails to make it.

Comments

• Options
    i hope he fails. Ireland are playing for nothing now, he's more important for us.

Can imagine Pards is not very happy with the current situation.
  • Options
    Totally agree AFKA but here comes the Club V Country row all over again... Does make ya think when its one of your own though! Easy to judge when its other teams players but I for one would rather Reidy rested up tonight ready for the weekend with us.
  • Options
    i can understand them playing him not fully fit on Saturday, if they beat germany they still had an outside chance of qualification. But not now.

He wasn't fully fit before Saturday's game. I wonder if he had an injection ?
  • Options
    I bet he doesn't start at Wolves.

Could be he won't even be on the bench.
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I bet he doesn't start at Wolves.

Could be he won't even be on the bench.

that's my thoughts as well Len...
  • Options
    hope he is out and fully fot for Sat
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]hope he is out and fully fat for Sat

bit harsh, he's looking slimmer
  • Options
    He is a fat fool according to the Irish Post ...
    Andy Reid was eulogised for his fine performance. And it’s true, the Charlton man hits a sweet through ball and a true crossfield pass. But that’s what makes him so frustrating because Andy Reid is, by professional football standards, as fat as a fool.

You see him hit a 50-yard pass and marvel at his ability; Paul Scholes could not hit them any sweeter. But you see Reid struggle to get about and realise that he is playing Championship football for a reason.

He is not a kid anymore so we can’t pass off his lack of physical conditioning as a temporary phase away from the rails. No, I for one would conclude that Andy Reid will never fulfill his potential.
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    What a crock of shit
  • Options
    He seems to have been 'getting about' alright for us - perhaps his dodgy ankle was slowing him down, or did the Oirish Post fail to think of that?? Eejits.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pards on Reid:

"We left him out at Colchester because we felt he needed a rest. But at 2-0 down we had to bring him on at half-time to resurrect us.

"So I’m keen not to make that mistake again. If Andy feels up it, he will play."
  • Options
    How did Reidy play ?

I notice Wolves done a man to man on him. I think this is something he's gonna have to get used to
  • Options
    Did they? Didn't seem that way to me, he just looked a bit off the pace to me, but still the best player on the pitch.
  • Options
    according to MicMac, Karl Henry was meant to be following him all around the pitch
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]according to MicMac, Karl Henry was meant to be following him all around the pitch

Didn't notice it to be honest, thought Reid still had time on the ball to pick a pass, and Henry was hardly in his face, just his passing wasn't as crisp as usual.
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Talking about Reidy, I wonder if Pards plays Reidy 'wide' cos he can replace him with Thomas or someone else, whereas if we get reliant on him in the centre, who's he gonna be replaced by if the worst should happen? Or am I overthinking...

;)