Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ressies at Ebbsfleet - why ??

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
a massive 162 there last night. The switch to Stonebridge Rd has obviously been a big success ! I used to go to all the reserve games played at The Valley or Welling but I havn't seen the ressies now for two seasons, and I miss it. I miss seeing the youngsters coming through and I miss seeing the senior players returning from injury or trying to get back into first team contention. And I miss chatting to various friends and other fans I might see there. The reserves MUST return to The Valley, it's a disgrace.

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]a massive 162 there last night. The switch to Stonebridge Rd has obviously been a big success ! I used to go to all the reserve games played at The Valley or Welling but I havn't seen the ressies now for two seasons, and I miss it. I miss seeing the youngsters coming through and I miss seeing the senior players returning from injury or trying to get back into first team contention. And I miss chatting to various friends and other fans I might see there. The reserves MUST return to The Valley, it's a disgrace.

The reserves should return to the Valley, for one simple reason, and that's the pitch. Probably loads of other reasons not to move them back with the cost of floodlights etc etc

They won't go back to Welling cause of Erith playign there.

In an ideal world they should play at Dartford
  • Options
    Bring them to Welling and for bigger games at the Valley
  • Options
    i'd go to the games if they were at Dartford
  • Options
    I'd go along if they were back at The Valley, and didn't kick off so early. But then again, I remember going to the ressies at The Valley and there were only a couple of hundred there, and it probably costs a fair old whack to stage the matches there.
  • Options
    I think they're at Gravesend because it's cheaper to play them there rather than at the Valley or Welling.
  • Options
    Must be somewhere closer though, pity about Welling.
  • Options
    I never saw the point of playing reserve games at the Valley anyway, very few clubs play there ressies at their home ground. Dartford would be the best bet
  • Options
    were probably going to relocate to gravesend thats why.
  • Options
    I'm the same Large, go to around 5 or 6 a year for the same reasons you do. I haven't been once since the move.

The ressies should be at the Valley, Welling or Dartford. Gravesend is just a step too far.
  • Options
    Why don't the ressies play at Bromley? - that'd p*ss off the stripey Nigels....;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Why don't the ressies play at Bromley? - that'd p*ss off the stripey Nigels....;-)

They used to.

Strangely, and disappointingly for the conspiracy theorists, this didn't lead to the first team moving to a new super stadium built on the top floor of the Glades Shopping centre.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite] Gravesend is just a step too far.

Bog off AFKA!

Nothing wrong with Gravesend. Well some parts of it.

Anyway, we have a footie team in the town who will probably be moving to a new Stadium down by the new station - That's why they changed their name to Ebbsfleet!
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    But Ebbsfleet Station is in the Borough of Dartford. Can't see the local team being happy with that nor the Council?
  • Options
    Sod Dartford - The new ground is rumoured to be on the site of the waterworks which are being moved to a new site designed to cope with the influx of new homes and that my friend is in Gravesham!
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Hang on a mo - are you a Charlton fan or what?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]Hang on a mo - are you a Charlton fan or what?

Always an Addick, but still follow the Fleet as my second team. Pretty much the same as our 'enry who flirts with Bromley.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]Hang on a mo - are you a Charlton fan or what?

Always an Addick, but still follow the Fleet as my second team. Pretty much the same as our 'enry who flirts with Bromley.

Who's she? I once knew a girl called Rachel Bromley. She had amazing tits. Lucky old Henry.