Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cannon St jobsworth....

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2007
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]How does Oyster work?

I live in the West now- use the tube and buses a lot and can honestly say Oyster is brilliantly simple to use

previous threadette
    [cite]
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Wouldn't happen with Oyster cards, god bless Ken

Oyster schmoister .... they are just as bad ... muppets standing there trying to get them through the barrier when it says not enough dough.
  • Options
    I have an oyster card that includes my monthly season ticket covering 4 zones. There is no Oyster reader at Plumstead station. So why do you have to wait until the readers roll out in SE London? OK you cant use the Pay as you Go method of payment but season tickets work.
  • Options
    Talking of Cannon Street has anyone seen the right missrable old git? Hes about 5ft 5 mistoche and beedie eyes and as helpful as a choculate fire gaurd!!always at the platforms 1-3!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Wouldn't happen with Oyster cards, god bless Ken

Oyster schmoister .... they are just as bad ... muppets standing there trying to get them through the barrier when it says not enough dough.

Probably more the fault of the dimwit trying to use them Ric?
  • Options
    dont know about him but since gump mentioned that bloke's voice on the tannoy - i havent stopped hearing him. so annoying!
  • Options
    Sorry B....lol

"Customer announcement.....I'm going to cry"....
  • Options
    rothko my dear indian checkers chum I'm afriad you are wrong , it would have happened with oyster as you are meant to have a photocard with that as well
  • Options
    I have an Oyster without a photocard
  • Options
    meant to have a photocard with it or you could lend it to anyone , not that I do
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2007
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]..one of the blokes reminds me of a certain club shop manager we had a few years back.

That's cos it is one of our ex-shop managers. Mr Tugwell I believe.
    [cite]Posted By: PeanutsMolloy[/cite]

You know Gump, at Cornell University they have an incredible piece of scientific equipment known as the Tunneling Electron Microscope. Now, this microscope is so powerful that by firing electrons you can actually see images of the atom, the infinitesimally minute building blocks of our universe. Gump, if I were using that microscope right now, I still wouldn't be able to locate my interest in your problem.

Best post on Charlton Life ever FACT! LOCKED ON. DONE DEAL
  • Options
    Agreed, superb reply PM.
  • Options
    So good I may use it the next time I get a Hull City fan e-mailing me to say what a disgrace we are. ; - )
  • Options
    You're too kind. Regrettably not my own work......an immortal line from Frasier.
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    well they should give him his own series.....
  • Options
    Oscar Wilde "I wish I'd said that"

Whistler "You will Oscar, you will"

Frasier is a great series, possibly one of the few spin off shows that was better than the original. Lilith is so good.
  • Options
    my photo card is about 30 years old (any of you anoraks know when they were first introduced ?) and in black and white...like the picture in the attic, it looks older than me...at least, i think its my photo card...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]rothko my dear indian checkers chum I'm afriad you are wrong , it would have happened with oyster as you are meant to have a photocard with that as well

when I got mine with a travelcard on it from North Greenwich, I didn't have to show a photocard, they just took all my details and stuck them on a computer
  • Options
    Right, understand the technology.

But still don't understand how it works - paying etc?

For instance I pay South Eastern £240 a month for my ticket each month (Gravesend to London + Travelcard zones 1-6).

When they finally bring in Oyster on South Eastern - does it place my travelcard?
  • Options
    pretty much, instead of the ticket being on paper, it'll be on plastic
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    OK - I'll go for that!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]when I got mine with a travelcard on it from North Greenwich, I didn't have to show a photocard, they just took all my details and stuck them on a computer

Ditto for when I got my original Oyster card, and ditto when I recently got a One Pulse Oyster card... no photocard required
  • Options
    how many shops can you swipe and leave with that cashless, pinless card thingy?
  • Options
    Not that many yet, but there's apparently going to be more coming online...

So far: Books etc, Thresher, Eat, Krispy Kreme, Yo Sushi and Coffee Republic
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]how many shops can you swipe and leave with that cashless, pinless card thingy?

As Medders said, plus the roll out of PayWave and the version from Mastercard will increase the number of cashless machines
  • Options
    I thought PayWave was the technology the OnePulse used?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]I thought PayWave was the technology the OnePulse used?

yeah it is, Onepulse is the Barclaycard branding for the card.Maestro are branding it PayPass
  • Options
    Cool

Reckon it'll take off, or flop?
  • Options
    It'll take off, but it might take a while for a level where people feel comfortable using a card like that. It'd be great in railway station kiosks, for example, but WH Smith, the crap chain that it is, was one of the last to get around to Chip and PIN.
  • Options
    Give me cash any day of the week.