Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Royal Oak

Anyone know if it's going to be ready by next week?

Comments

• Options
    It's supposed to re-open during this current week, probably Friday - so yes should be open for the next home game!
  • Options
    Rumour has it, it opens tomorrow but dont hold your breath. i assume you mean for the QPR game, i would have thought so. we are hoping its open this saturday for the Final.
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Rumour has it, it opens tomorrow but dont hold your breath. i assume you mean for the QPR game, i would have thought so. we are hoping its open this saturday for the Final.

Hi B

I'd heard Monday or Tuesday but was told last night that it is probably Friday now!

We've got a game on Tuesday against Argyle before we play QPR so they'll be two games in 5 days to give it a full test run!
  • Options
    well lets hope it manages it by saturday. mind you it was a good night in the Rose on Saturday... dont think the landlady woudl be too impressed to see at least 15 regulars not in their second pub..!
  • Options
    Thanks chaps and chapesses, see you in there next Tuesday then.
  • Options
    It definitely opens on Friday
  • Options
    so who's going down tomorrow night then ?

I was gonna drive but as I have the week off I might go down for a few pre and post.

Anyone else?
  • Options
    yeah, see you there
  • Options
    be going straight from work so may go depending on what time i roll in
  • Options
    me from about 5.30...!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    nice , early start and maybe seats as well
  • Options
    I'll be avoiding the Pub & Smudge all pre-game & Half time !
  • Options
    'Christened' the Oak tonight after the game.

Good beer. Great prices.

About the only good thing of the night
  • Options
    Dunno think it lost some of its character as a locals pub now
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    who gives a f**k as long as you can get a decent pint on matchdays. kronie £2.90 and pretty much instant service last night.
  • Options
    the only thing that's weird is despite all that space round the corner there were still some fairly packed in bits , it could do with a proper door leading onto that wooden floor bit if only so the clique can get to their spot with more ease
  • Options
    the 1905 lounge as a certain punter christened it last night.
  • Options
    Easy to get served which was the main thing and should look ok when its finished........

The little room on the side is a bit daft and would be better with a proper door (as Buckshee has already said). Its still going to have that bottle neck by the door and getting from the 1905 lounge to the toilets is going to take some doing ...........
  • Options
    I said last night that it would have also been nice to have a doorway from the 1905 lounge to the other bar area where the bogs are but I guess the short cut will be out of the patio doors and iin through the others.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]I said last night that it would have also been nice to have a doorway from the 1905 lounge to the other bar area where the bogs are but I guess the short cut will be out of the patio doors and iin through the others.

Going to have to open those fire exits in the 1905 and round by the loos